[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become debt free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: img_0905.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
img_0905.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hey /adv/, you know why I'm here. I fucked myself with 20k of debt just to have this dumb ass car. Now I've reached a point in life where I realized how stupid that is, and how little I want to work to pay it off. I'd rather get rid of it. What's the best way to go about breaking even or coming out on top here? All answers accepted
>>
>>17473285
Depends, is that car in the picture actually the one you bought? What shape is it in?
>>
>>17473308
That's a picture of the model of the car I financed. It's on good condition, it's got a couple little dents and some light scratches on the paint, but mechanically it's very sound.
>>
>>17473285
Ask someone to take over your loan with a down payment to you that's fair based on what you have left to pay, and the value of the car. A craigslist ad should be fine, but you're going to have to set it up with who you are financing the vehicle through.

I made this mistake myself when I was 18 and got a promotion. The car ended up being junk, and I'd only paid maybe 2000 of it off, so I just abandoned it broke down, and told them to come repo it and that was all I heard about it.

I went and bought a little 900 dollar car on craigslist, and now I have two little less than 1000 dollar cars in my driveway.

One has had about 1500 bucks of work done, and the other just got new tires. But, I've had them for years now.
>>
>>17473322
Sound advice. No idea why people ever buy expensive cars. I bought a car off of CL for about $1,000 and spent like $500 in repairs.
>>
>>17473418
Me neither. But then again I don't care for the "aesthetic" of my car like some people do. As long as it runs idgaf about what it looks like. I've got a 2000 Honda Accord and holy shit that things a fucking tank. It's coming up on 200k miles and the only thing that's broken down on it was the radio lol. Then again, it's also been totaled and rebuilt twice before I got to it, so most of the shit inside it is newer, but still.

Got rear ended pretty hard last year by some chick in one of those weird cube cars, like hit me hard enough to push me forward a few feet. Probably 40mph minimum, not a scratch on the thing.

The car I got before was a lemon though. It was a 02 Hyundai Sonata we got for 5k. Owned that thing for 2 years and put over 5k in repairs in it. Had to replace the fucking alternator twice. Parents got such a good deal on it though lol, they found a dealer that was doing a trade in deal, trade in a car and get like 5k off a brand new one. Traded in my barely running piece of shit, got my mom a brand new car, older sister got my mom's old car, and I got that 2000 Accord from my sister. Haven't looked back. If it had cloth seats, this car would be perfect lol.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.