[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking care of myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 3rAv4VR.jpg (49KB, 640x931px) Image search: [Google]
3rAv4VR.jpg
49KB, 640x931px
I'm a girl. I have been depressed for the last three years. I recently got better (yay me) and I want to start taking better care of myself.
I am not exactly girly and I don't want to spend hours getting ready in the morning.

I started exercising to get more toned. I eat healthy.

I'd like to get some advice on a few topics things.
>Hair
I have healthy hair, but it's very thin and doesn't have much volume. Anything that can be done about this?
I wash it often because I go swimming almost every. I use a mask twice a week, and wash it with a good shampoo and conditioner.

>Face
I am very pale. My skin is dry. I get a lot of pimples.
Are there any good products for my skin type? Every product for pimples kills my skin, every moisturiser gives me pimples.
Also - advice on make up? Any foundation that has REALLY pale shades? Good eyeliners?

>Feet
I did ballet for years so my feet are destroyed - super dry, get callous, etc.
How do I unfuck them? Moisturiser alone isn't enough.

>Routine
I'd like to make taking care of myself an habit and not something I do on a night when I feel particularly feminine.
What would be a good routine to do this?

Thank you!
>>
>>17473264
For diet and exercise, go ask /fit/. Read the sticky first, then post. Don't start the post with 'I'm a girl', or you won't get serious answers.
You're probably not doing it efficiently right now, follow their advice.

For hair and feet: use oil. Coconut oil is considered godly nowadays, but whatever oil you can stand the smell of is good, in the past the golden standard was olive. Beware that hair will keep the smell of oil for a long time, but you can use essential oils to make it into a nourishing perfume.

For the pimples: are you sure you aren't using too harsh cleansers, and then throwing the moisturizer on the bare skin?
>>
>>17473264

Hair: get a good haircut. I'm talking spend $150 on a haircut with someone who knows what they're doing. Thin hair is very difficult, but once you have a good cut you can go to Hair Butchery and all they have to do is follow the lines.

Face: Just stay out of the sun. Maybe someone else with these problems can help. As far as make-up goes, skip the foundation entirely. You'll hate it because you're not used to it and will be rushing to take that shit off your face. It doesn't matter if you are using Chanel or CVS brand, you'll hate it. Just drink more water and eat right to get your skin in shape and don't put anything on top of it to clog pores/make matters worse.

Also for eyeliner get light brown liquid and practice with it. It won't look like a whore, will bring out your eyes a bit, and stays put. I got my stuff in Japan but I'm sure there are brands there you can get.

Feet: ballet is the functional equivalent of taking a hammer to your feet for years. You cannot unfuck this. You just can't without surgery, and I don't think you want to do this. The callouses are from ill-fitting shoes, so that means you're buying crap shoes. Don't. Spend the extra shekels for a really good pair of shoes that will last for years.

If they're really dry, that means you're not drinking enough water. Do you take a shower after you get out of the pool? Chlorine isn't exactly easy on the skin. But lack of water intake explains your face as well. Drink more water.

Routine: Sounds like you're taking care of yourself anyway. You could look at life like the moment you go out of your front door you are the unwitting subject of anyone with a phone and a YouTube account's "Cringeworthy" channel, but that's an awful way to live. (Although it's true.)

Good luck.
>>
>>17473271
I think I'm doing things well with diet and exercise. I have a ton of health issues (arthritis, blood diseases), so I basically just went to a doctor and he gave me a diet and some exercises to do. I have a healthy weight and I feel good.

>use oil
Won't it make my hair "heavier" and even less voluminous? I don't have split ends, it is not dry at all, it generally looks very nice.

>are you sure you aren't using too harsh cleansers, and then throwing the moisturizer on the bare skin?
I am using a soap bar from Gamila (I think, it was a gift) and after 10 minutes I use moisturiser.
The soap isn't particularly aggressive, it doesn't irritate my skin.
What should I do?

>>17473273
>get a good haircut.
That seems like a good start. I have been going to my dad's barber to get it cut because I couldn't stand spending an hour at my old hairdresser.
Maybe it's time to become a real girl and go cut my hair decently.

>light brown liquid
I didn't even know it existed. Sounds less hard than the black one.

>The callouses are from ill-fitting shoes, so that means you're buying crap shoes. Don't. Spend the extra shekels for a really good pair of shoes that will last for years.
So basically I should listen to my mom. Heh. I will try.

>Do you take a shower after you get out of the pool?
Yes. I rarely moisturise tho. So maybe I should start doing it.

>Drink more water.
That'd be good. I am not drinking that much water.

Thank you both!
>>
Don't be a lazy tomboy. It's great that you're exercising, don't be fat. You are a girl, put in some effort to be one and smile.
>>
>>17473316
I guess that the whole point of this thread is to get advice on how to not be a lazy tomboy.
I do put effort, but I don't exactly know what to do and apparently I'm fucking something up.

I still don't want to spend a large part of my life trying to be pretty, I have better things to do.
>>
>Hair
Volumising shampoos work pretty well. Consider styling it differently with curling tongs to make it appear thicker. (Use a heat protection spray)

>Face
Exfoliate! It may seem like it's causing you to break out more in the beginning, but once you start doing it 2-3 times a week you'll have much better skin. If you don't like being pale go outside and get some good old vitamin D or use a tinted moisturiser.

>Feet
There are a lot of hard skin removing tools and creams you can buy over the counter, but the best bet is probably going to see a professional podiatrist who can remove any calluses. Start getting a pedicure, it doesn't have to be considered girly you can just have a simple polish.

>Routine
Consider it an improvement on your health, just as you're doing with the gym. Exfoliate when you take a shower after the gym and think of it as preventing breakouts from the sweat during your workout. It can be a lot of effort getting into a sort of beauty regime, but when you consider its only like ten minutes of your day it's really not that much.
>>
File: 2013-02-13 07.57.53.jpg (488KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2013-02-13 07.57.53.jpg
488KB, 1200x1600px
>>17473353
>Consider styling it differently with curling tongs to make it appear thicker.
I think it looks good when it's a bit curly (pic related - 3 years and 50 lbs ago, but my hair was so pretty that day).
I'm a bit scared of using heat every day. Are curling tongs easy to use?
I don't even dry my hair with heat...

>Exfoliate
Any advice on a good brand? I don't want to get anything too aggressive.

>Start getting a pedicure
Do you think that if I get it once, then the "maintenance" will be easier?
I don't mind doing it once in a while.

Thank you for the advice on the routine, and on everything else.
>>
>>17473380
Bunping for exfoliating tips
>>
For your feet get those exfoliating socks. They're great. You wear them for an hour and after a few days your feel start peeling
My feet are pretty dry and cracked and they worked great. If it doesn't get rid of everything the first time you use it then just wait a month and use it again. After you use them to get rid of the worst of it then just give yourself normal quick pedicures once a week or something to maintain
>>
>>17473380

Oh you're cute!

If you have any intentions of keeping long hair, don't use any heat or products containing alcohol/silicone on it at all. Particularly since it's thin.

You know the best look for lazy tomboys? Prep. I'm not kidding. Prep = lazy rich person. You can buy things and wear them until they fall apart and still be "in style."

Are you ever going to be the one who is fawning through all the fashion magazines? No. And who cares. Be classic, you can be lazy and professional and well put together all at the same time.

Buy a copy of The Preppy Handbook if you can find one. Best thing for lazy grills on the face of the earth.

Also as far as exfoliating goes, I already told you about water and shoes. You could go get a pedicure, but you may not have ones in your area that are clean. (By clean I mean they don't have those huge seats with footbath jets. You can't ever get those things clean and the circulating water from others' nasty feet is just disgusting. If you do have one that uses individual water tubs though, go. It feels good. Skip the polish though as it's terrible for you (paint made for cars on your body?). They can buff them to just as nice of a shine, you don't have to worry about toxicity/peeling, and there won't be any bacteria under chipped nails.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.