[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf is wrong with my family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sesame1.jpg (25KB, 373x288px) Image search: [Google]
sesame1.jpg
25KB, 373x288px
My mom and dad are toxic. Abusive , neglectful people growing up in their house hold; each of them were in and out of jail and couldnt hold down work if their life depended on it. I've grown up , gone to school and done my best to live a stable life, opposite of the life they lead.

I'm on my way to getting married. I paid for the wedding and set aside money for a small trip for our honeymoon. My mom takes it upon herself to contact my soon to be wife demanding to be able to gift us the plane tickets to our trip, despite being told I have the money set aside and we dont need it. My mom wanted to be apart of this for some reason and said to call her back in a few days and she'll make it happen because she wants to have a better relationship with her and I.
The time comes and we call and my mom tells me that she wont spend the money on us because we dont deserve it. She stated that I dont like her and feels we only invited her to the wedding out of social obligation/saving face among other family members and If i called her more she would have taken care of it.

What the fuck is wrong with her and what would make someone go to these levels to waste time and energy? is she crazy or just broke , didnt have the money and wanted to save face some how?
>>
>>17472662
lul shes a mom
its what they do
u seem awfully bitter @ ur moms
i think she notices that and being an unstable overly-emotional woman she reacted in the only way she could
by trying to hurt u back
feelsbadmane
>>
>>17472662
Why the fuck would you even have that neutotic bitch come to your wedding? Sounds to me like she's going to be ending up making a massive scene at something to that you (hopefully) only get to do once.
>>
Sounds like something happened between then and now to get her pissed at you. It may have even been something relatively minor that planted an idea and she doesn't even remember it. Maybe she heard some sad story about an old person wasting away in a nursing home while they're terrible kid never calls them and got scared that's where her life is going and decided to irrationally blame her insecurity on you when its got nothing to do with you. Or, yeah, maybe she doesn't have money.
>>
>>17472667
i am bitter.
while growing up, she gave me the responsibilities of raising my sisters ,while she did drugs, went out cheating on my dad and drank regularly.
I've worked odd jobs since I was 12 just to get money for things i need, like clothes. In highschool instead of partying with friends, i worked, while she blamed me for her life mistakes.

she's above all, a terrible person. In every big life moment she manages to either miss it (whoops) or has a scene like this one. She volunteered to pay for a trip only to tell me i dont deserve it - I had to tell her this after noon i never asked for it and she should keep her money since it's not really a gift, its more manipulation to control / dictate another persons life

I'm just up trying to understand why this is all going on.

And the only real reason I'm inviting her is because my soon to be wife feels that leaving her out of it is petty and wants to give her a chance. I'm not for that but she has to learn some how
>>
>>17472662
OP I have a shitty relationship with my father and to a lesser degree my mother.

My advice is you live you're own life. If they come to you wanting to form a real relationship, be open to it but expect it to fail and don't get emotionally invested until they have really proved themselves.

I've learnt this the hard way after being let down time and time again, and finally realized that this shallow relationship was all we would have. If they want to do something nice then great! But just enjoy that moment, expect the worst and don't get your hopes up about the future.
>>
>>17472681
this is perfect. I'll do that and rest easy that I never invested my trust into them again to be hurt over all. It was just words and In a few days i'll be over it and moved on. I just wont let them or anyone like them try to assume responsibilities in my life that they will use to twist my arm with
>>
File: 1470985297504.jpg (48KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470985297504.jpg
48KB, 450x750px
>>17472681
>>17472699
Until u accept ur parents and learn to love them the way they r ur denying and hurting urselves anons
They r a part of u
Never forget that....
They gave u life.......
Try and patch shit up and accept each other
Or
Get the fuk out and just leave that shit behind
But ultimately deep inside you'll still hurt, parents r a part of us anons
And ultimately, had my dad not nut many years ago, or maybe had he pulled out i wouldnt be here strokin my tip and enjoyin life so
Be yea, be greatful u big babies
>>
>>17472679
>And the only real reason I'm inviting her is because my soon to be wife feels that leaving her out of it is petty and wants to give her a chance. I'm not for that but she has to learn some how

A hundred bucks says your wife is going to be regretting the fuck out of that decision midway through the reception.
>>
>>17472699
Exactly.

i would catch up with my parents for the odd dinner but beyond that remained independent. It made me far happier and what's more it made me look forward to those dinners I have with them, because I was doing something nice with them, and only that.

Things like being an integral part of your life, responsibility, trust and reliability are things that are earned, parent or no parent and you will only keep hurting yourself if you keep falling for that, and keep holding your parents up to a standard they will never meet. It's no fair on anyone
>>
>>17472724
Sucker bet, but that's probably for the better. It'll be easier for him to keep his mother out of his life if his wife's properly on board with the idea.
>>
>>17472734
This is true, it's just extremely unfortunate it has to happen on his wedding day. Should be happy memories and fun, not a nutty mother flipping the fuck out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.