[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for an aspiring youtuber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey my dudes what's up bros? :))
I'm trying to get a little bigger on youtube, I mostly make gaming bullshit with my friends, idk if it's even good or not. I only have 48 subs at the moment, we have shitty gear and no money. I try to be entertaining but honestly I can't tell if I am or not lmao, any advice on how to grow? Legitimately of course, no bots or anything. Idrk what else to say so posting
(gotta love the suicide prevention note when making a post)
>>
>>17470944
Maybe post your videos to see what is there to improve? You are asking for advice but you are not giving anything out lmao.
>>
BUMP (that works on this board right?)
Please help me out guys, I have nothing in life to occupy myself this is my only hobby and I want to be good at it
>>
>>17471005
see
>>17470960
>>
my username is prodigal manifest
>>
>>17471010
There is no hope left for you
>>
Go on Reddit and read the tips they have on their LetsPlay board. I'm serious.
One thing you have to do is be consistent, make good videos and post when you're going to post. Or just ditch it and stream on Twitch instead
>>
>>17471005
>Please help me out guys, I have nothing in life to occupy myself this is my only hobby
You might want to consider new hobbies. There's nothing in your profile or vids that suggests you're unique or entertaining. There's nothing that makes you stand apart from the thousands of other turds creating the exact same content.
>>
I can honestly not understand why the fuck people watch other people play games. Why not just skip the middleman and play the games yourself? You get the added bonus of bot having a nasally turbo autist narrating as well.
>>
> :))
>lmao

I can already tell you're shit, fuck off
>>
Consider doing it for fun, not for views

You either become a hit or you don't, but you should enjoy what you do publish
>>
>>17471631
This.
>>
Hey anon, I'm in Digital Media Marketing. My thoughts:

What's your channel?

First and foremost content:
Do something in the vein of what's popular/entertaining but with a decidedly unique twist. Have an active speaking voice, a combination of humor and insight, and keep in mind that 80% of youtube humor is quick and clever editing.

Next, build an audience:
Build organic buzz by engaging in forum and board discussions and embedding videos. Give your channel a FB page, and join relevant FB groups on that page. Don't hawk your channel obnoxiously here but engage in lots of comment conversations. Start a blog about it with the most searchable/intriguing URL as a feeder funnel to your videos. Look up SEO and HTML tagging to lift your blog to the first page of google search results for relevant gaming searches. Finally, reach out to more-popular-but-not-huge channels (think 1000-10000 subs, not the really big channels, it's too tough to grab the attention of giants). Just send them a message, suck up a bit, ask about their success, their interests, etc. Building these relationships is key as they can open doors to collaborative videos, which nets a TON of exposure.

Hope this helps, anon, and good luck!
>>
First, lurk moar.

"Hey my dudes what's up bros" with a crappy emoji really won't go "down" well over here.

So, there, I just identified your problem: you don't do any research which shows you have little/no respect for your audience.

$0.05, please.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.