[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiple job offers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Out of nowhere I've been getting multiple calls for interviews at places I've been applied to months ago. All of them are min wage jobs so I'm not really sure which position I should go with. The jobs are:

Cllerk/Cashier at CVS
Produce Clerk at a grocery store
"Night Clerk" at another grocery store I'm assuming the night clerk position is pretty much a night stocker.

I need advice on which job I should work for.
>>
>>17470937
I liked my graveyard job because it was really quiet and I didn't have to deal with people. Downsides are the physical labor + fucked up sleep schedule. It can make it difficult to socialize with people, because you're sleeping at odd hours.

CVS blows dicks. Fuck that company. Nothing but nightmare stories from people I know who have worked there.

Produce clerk is pretty chill. Most likely daytime hours. Don't have to interact with customers as much as a cashier does.

So if you're a night owl without much of a social life anyway, go for graveyard. If you want to maintain some normalcy, go produce clerk.
>>
>>17470937
>>17470949
only take the night shift if you have REALLY good blinds or sleep in a basement. when i worked night shift i would end up getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night because the sun would always wake me up

id take the produce clerk job
>>
>>17470959
yeah that too. I bought blackout curtains from Walmart and they worked fine.
>>
>>17470949
Thanks for replying. I figured cvs would be pretty shitty considered they have the lowest rating out of the three. Plus the interview process with them was a big red flag. They made me wait 40 minutes.

I was definitely leaning towards the produce clerk position since out of three, it's the closest and has the highest rating. But damn, the night stocking position seems like the perfect job for me since I'm not that good with people. Have you worked in both? What was your experience like?
>>17470959
Damn, thanks for your input. I workout so I can't really be missing out on sleep if that's the case.
>>
>>17470937
I'd do produce. There could be room for advancement, and you can claim customer service experience as well as stocking and warehouse experience for future jobs. Just be sure you can handle lifting because produce comes in heavy bags and boxes and lugging them around all day will take a toll after a while if you're not careful.

I work at a grocery store right now but ours is such that you're a cashier and a stocker and a section leader and you just rotate throughout the day. I've done produce though and it's alright. Nothing is really that bad about working in the grocery business, provided you don't have a psychotic manager.
>>
>>17471016
Working with people will make you good with people. That was my experience anyway. It can be pretty cool to develop that ability in life.
>>
>>17470937
>I'm assuming the night clerk position is pretty much a night stocker.
You didnt clarify this in the interview? You're considering accepting a job without knowing such basic specifics?

Just roll a die, we cant help you here.
>>
>>17470959
Funny, when I worked night shift, an earthquake didn't wake me. Didn't matter if the birds were chirping, windows were open or everybody had their lawnmowers on. If I needed the sleep, I got it.
>>
>>17471435
Good point, all of those skills will definitely look nice on a resume since I'm not planning on doing this forever. Thanks for sharing your experience in produce. It helps with my decision.
>>17471438
Yeah, that was what I was thinking as well, but the beta in me wants to do night stocking for the comfy work/
>>17471443
Honestly he told me the interview was for a cashier position at first. It wasn't until I got an email with the job offer telling me the position that I found out. I did apply for both and from the job description, night clerk sounds like night stocking.
>>
>>17471492
FWIW stocking is boring as shit. It gets so tedious putting rectangles on the shelf for any decent length of time. I was terrified of people until I started working the registers and now I prefer it because people are way more interesting and entertaining than boxes, plus I've discovered my extroverted side and leveled up my social skills for life. Just some more information for your decision.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.