[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anxiety over everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1471128578276.jpg (98KB, 1274x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471128578276.jpg
98KB, 1274x960px
Why does every little thing get me anxious?
I hate the feeling - It makes me feel as if I'm scared of responsibility and maybe it's true, but I don't want to be.
Any task that's remotely important to undertake ends up making me incredibly nervous and a lot of the time I either don't do it or put it off until the very last minute.

I fucking hate this feeling
>>
>>17470863
I can't even check my email right now because I may have a meeting tomorrow or on Friday.
>>
>>17470877
Same here brah. I got a job interview at a pub/bar and I'm too anxious to call in and arrange it. I'm leaving it till tomorrow regardless (britbong, it's kinda late) but still man, it's getting to me.
>>
It's all part of the fun of being a beta
>>
>>17470883
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness
May help you answer the 'why' question.
>>
>>17470895
This is rather interesting, anon. Isn't this essentially pinning it to my upbringing, or my own lack of fortitude at least?
>>
>>17470901
Its probably a combination of both upbringing and genetics. I have suffered from crippling anxiety since age 9 and can't pinpoint an event that started it all. My psych tells me its not really important to know the cause when figuring out how to manage it.
>>
>>17470910
I've never seen anyone about my shit. I don't know how bad it technically is. I was always the kid who was scared of doctors and dentists, and I'd never, ever hit a shop by myself out of sheer anxiety. I didn't even travel by myself until I was like 14-15
>>
>>17470915
Hit em up for a few sessions. Can help to talk to someone who literally doesn't give a shit but will listen anyway.
>>
>>17471000
How do I go about doing it? Do I literally just go to a doctor all "yo I need therapy"?
>>
>>17471014
where are you from?
>>
>>17471014
>>17471021
I'll just type in the meantime. Generally you go to your GP (General Practitioner or GatekeePer) and he/she will refer you to a psych.
>>
>>17471028
Oh okay. Thanks anon.
Britbong btw
>>
>>17471143
Yeah works like that in the UK too. Shit is cash you don't even have to pay shit.
>>
M
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.