[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moral/Technical Advice Wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bull.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
I'm taking a p hard science class this semester.
The class comes with a lab manual.
I went to the publisher's website and found the answer key to the lab manual for sale "for instructors only."
Basically, on top of paying $35 you had to be able to prove you were a college professor teaching this publisher's material in your course.
Without much effort at all (seriously, I'm a fucking retard and I can't believe what I tried fucking worked holy SHIT) I gained access to the complete answer key in .pdf format ON THE PUBLISHER'S SITE. All I did was look at the source code for the link, pick out a .pdf, and copied it into the URL bar. And there it was.

Anyway, I have the file up in a tab right now and I'm prepared to download it but
1. I'm afraid I could be traced and ultimately identified and thrown out of class/barred from ever getting in to this program again
2. I'm a little guilt ridden at the thought of having the answers to the homework for the semester

Now, the fact is, I want to do well in this class. And even if I cheated on all the homework, I'd have to pass the tests and the lab activities, etc to pass the class. I don't intend to copy straight outta the lab manual, in fact, I think it could be an asset to being certain I'm actually learning this shit.
But I'm way scared of being caught by the publisher and sued/fined/shamed and thrown out of my program.

Can I be traced/caught by doing this?
Is there any risk?

Thanks, /adv/.
>>
filler text for bumping
>>
>>17470771

>english major taking biology for the first time detected

Don't worry you won't use math in real life anyway so cheat away.
>>
>>17470771
no one will care. the publisher is not tracing all visitors to their website.
>>
Another question:

I was wrong. There are 6 total .pdf parts to this document.
I got all 6 direct download URLs and put them in to a text document. So, if I
2. Put that doc on to a tablet
3. Go to McDonalds, connect to their wifi
4. Copy paste each URL and download the .pdfs on to that tablet over McDonald's wifi
5 And transfer them to this PC

Would it be safe?
Also, are Orbot/Orfox worth a shit?
>>
File: 1343368907452.jpg (72KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1343368907452.jpg
72KB, 582x582px
>>17471070
stop being soo paranoid
>>
>>17471083
You would not be cautious?
>>
>>17471070
don't know if will work
>>
No, cyber police will get you and lock you up in guantamanimimo bay
>>
>>17470771
If you're so paranoid about downloading, take screenshots of the pdf. I doubt some publishers gonna be able to track that, if they even have enough of a shit to track who visits their website
>>
>>17470771
There is minimal to no risk at all but if you wanna make 100% sure nothing happens the screencap it all instead of downloading it.
>>
>>17471204
Dude people if it was that easy to get btfod by the law you think there would still be so many people illegaly downloading games, music, films, software, books, hell even Bomb making manuals.
But if you still feel paranoid do what these two recommended >>17471823 >>17471844, its impossible to trace it back since you never interacted with the original PDF but only made a visually same file.
>>
File: 11delete.png (186KB, 1440x550px) Image search: [Google]
11delete.png
186KB, 1440x550px
>>17471823
>>17471844
>>17471851
I thought about this, but /g/ said that just having opened the .pdf in my browser was downloading it. And it's in 5 parts, so I'd have to open/"download" 5 of them, making me way more likely to get tracked.
I have direct links to the PDFs, I'm just scared to open any more of them. I wish I knew if they could see me and if it was actually registering as my IP downloading them.

Also, why the fuck does /adv/ keep giving me connection errors when i try to reply to specific posts?
>>
>>17470771
Google tor and use that.
>>
>>17470771
its probably on piratebay too u lil pussy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.