[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is vegan. I eat meat. Should I go vegan too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: lettuce_1.png (2MB, 1150x1087px) Image search: [Google]
lettuce_1.png
2MB, 1150x1087px
My girlfriend is vegan. I eat meat. Should I go vegan too?
>>
>>17470637
My girlfriend sucks dicks, should i suck dicks too?
>>
>>17470648
Fpbp
>>
Yea it makes you healthier because you eliminate a bunch of junk food. Dive into slowly eliminating 1 item a day
>>
Only if you want to. Don't let anyone else pressure you into shit you're not interested in.

If she's trying to force you into her own optional lifestyle choice she's not a good person.
>>
File: NQ5l4pu.gif (2MB, 423x264px) Image search: [Google]
NQ5l4pu.gif
2MB, 423x264px
It's morally right to do so. Not because of your gf but because it's pretty fucking horrible. Buuuuut this whole place is train on fire heading into a brick wall. So fuck it. Enjoy yourself while you got the chance.
>>
no. why should you?
>>
>>17470637
you can but you'll split up in a year and feel like a right twat for doing it
>>
Don't. Being vegan requires conviction and passion to research and adopt a very restrictive diet (not only do you cut out a lot, you have to eat a lot of beans and such to make up for the protein). However you could look to eating less meat and finding out about vegan meals you can make.
>>
>>17470653
>>17470724

Don't listen to vegan retards, its not actually "healthier" to be vegan, you can have a much more flexible healthier diet eating meat.

As for you OP you should probably dump her soon, you will probably get tired of her bullshit, even if she is a qt
>>
File: penguins_on_table_19.jpg (40KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
penguins_on_table_19.jpg
40KB, 553x369px
>>17470637
>Should I go vegan too?
Kek, no.

Go ask the Wikipedia what Taurine and Creatine are.

Search for BRAIN for each chemical, and report what you discover!

Go on, off with you now.

I expect your report on my desk within the hour.
>>
If you feel no attachment to the meat, but I wouldn't go total vegan. I went vegetarian years ago when moving away from home. Grew up on a farm and had problem cutting meat or eating meat that was attached to bones. Even though I eat a lot of cheese and eggs still I have had dangerously low levels of B12 which really makes you slow minded and shit.
So make sure you get enough of everything, go get checkups if you decide to go vegan. And also get your girlfriend to get checkups. Vitamin deficiency can be very dangerous
>>
>>17470648
Fpbp
>>
>>17470724
Moral my ass
>>
>>17470637
Eat her meat you dumb fuck
>>
Sounds dumb. One of my friends is vegetarian and I try to give her some options since she's respectful about it, but I'd never follow through with that. What's the point?

Moreover, your friend is fucking vegan and not vegetarian. I can at least get the latter, but cutting out shit like milk, honey, cheese? Sounds like a boring as fuck diet.

>>17470653
A vegan diet can be just as destructive as a garbage omnivore one. It requires a lot of planning to get sufficient nutrients without meat or dairy products, and if the guy was just living off of fast food he's probably not going to do so.
>>
Vegan here

Don't go vegan if you don't want to, chances are you will resent her.

However, learning to eat vegan during dates or when you make dinner is totally appreciated. Not giving her shit for her choices will be great too.

The only time I have ever really gotten pissed at any of my girlfriends is when they threw a tantrum about feeling guilty about eating in front of me (I never really cared), eat at a certain place, or if they refused to share something with me.
>>
>>17470947
What a worthless reply
>>
>>17472307
Why vegan over vegetarianism. I get the latter because a lot of meat production facilities are pretty sketchy, but I don't get why you'd cut out animal products in general. My aunt makes her own goat cheese for instance, but that's off limits according to your diet.
>>
>>17472316
Because I am a Californian, and a student again no less. I don't live on a farm, and I'm not in a situation where I can make my own goat milk, or even buy hormone/antibiotic free eggs and milk.

I have been vegetarian for 10+ years and have gone vegan on and off, the thing is the older I get (34 now) the longer I go without dairy, so the more it wrecks my stomach if I do eat it. Rather than making sure I consume it to keep a tolerance I would rather just not consume it at all.

But I have an extremely high immune system - I never get sick. Work out everyday. Not everyone has the same dietary needs, and vegetarianism and veganism have both benefited me, I look closer to 25 than I do 35.

Anyone that says veganism is unhealthy is an idiot.
>>
>>17470637
That's really up to you. I'm vegan, but not for animal rights reasons. I was really nutrient deficient on the SAD, even when I was eating decently. After many months of careful research and planning, I started cutting out a few things at a time to make the transition easy. Dairy was the first to go, then eggs, and meat wasn't difficult either. I'm on a whole foods vegan diet now and use Cronometer to track nutrients so that I don't become deficient again. Hair is finally growing back, my nails are stronger and my skin is fantastic. Husband went vegan too, after he saw what it was doing for me. We've lost a ton of weight while being able to stuff our faces and now we're having amazing sex.

You could probably just switch to a healthier diet that includes meat/dairy, but this is what my body responds to best.
>>
No, because you obviously don't have a reason for yourself.
>>
>>17472469
If you think you are healthy because of being a vegan, you are an idiot. You are healthy despite being a vegan.
>>
if you make enough money to stay healthy, do what you want.

it's just that that particular diet costs a lot if you want to maintain your hp
>>
>>17472316
Most people don't make their own goat cheese but buy from factories where's there's just as much animal abuse as meat production.
>>
>>17470637
If she's fine with it then why bother changing.

I'd happily date a vegan if they happily dated me as is too
>>
>>17472514
a vegan diet reduces inflammation that much i know is factual. i lost a lot of weight and got a crap ton of energy when i went low carb but i can't tell you how many problems i ended up with on that diet long term, i developed severe eczema and worse, an allergy to increased body heat. i have cholinergic urticaria, so i can't go for a jog anymore without breaking into welts all over my body. this doesn't run in my family.

what kind of good can you hope from putting in food that triggers inflammation non-stop?

anyways i'm a pescetarian now, because flax is too hard to find here. inflammation markers on blood work has gone down into a normal range.
>>
>>17472722
oh yeah, i know it sounds like anchoring but there was absolutely no other change that i could think of to trigger the urticaria

and since cutting out red meat i thankfully only get it when i'm physically active in the winter
>>
>>17472312
Why tho
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.