/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Letter for my 20th bday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1403242790067.jpg (533KB, 1000x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1403242790067.jpg
533KB, 1000x1356px
Hello /adv/ I'm turning 20 really soon and I wrote a letter that I'm going to publish onto my Facebook and Instagram about how I've been feeling on life. Good idea or not I'm still going to do it I just would like to know what you think of the letter and how I should revise it.
>>
Being almost 20, things at 19 have been really fun but also complicated, my path was all over the place, so much happened. Starting college, the passing of family friends & relatives, learning how difficult it is when you’re not sure where to go. Most people I used to call friends are gone and I feel much better about it. A lot of people wish to go back but I cant imaginebecause it wouldn’t stop me from realizing how bad they are.

People expect so much from you thinking you’ll say yes to whatever they throw at but get mad when you tell them that’s not how it works. A friendship stops becoming a friendship when your every opinion gets thrown out. People choose not to understand, bottling up their feelings just to throw it all at you out of nowhere; if not they act like everything is fine when something isn’t right and that’s what upsets me the most because no one can seem to say what’s wrong.

I wasn’t really given the chance to grow up regularly like everyone else so for a long time I was lost. Yet once I did get an opening I couldn’t figure it out and I still can’t. I realize I don’t get people; they tell me I’m different in a good way, I’m interesting, they like me but then don’t seem to want anything to do with me.I’ve had a friendship of probably less than 13 years, end and other, shorter attachments that feel much closer, also end all for reasons that don’t make sense. Which is why I say I don’t have a best friend because things always fall off.I remember last year, being told by one friend, how they’re the only one who understood me when they really didn’t. Figuring out that the friend I agreed with a lot and shared more interest than most, is probably one of the worst people I’ve ever met. And telling another friend how they actually did understand me and then being dismissed by them....
>>
>>17470170

This was a great letter. A+.
>>
>>17470170
Just write in a diary. No one really cares
>>
>>17470177
I wish people would stop making things so much more difficult than they should be. I don’t want to feel or be looked at like I’m a worse person than I actually am. Having my insecurities consume me because someone can’t be straight with me on everything

I’m tired of being told by someone that they will be there for me and then getting ignored when I need them. I’m sick of trying to have good intentions and then having my word being thrown against me, picking someone up when they fall and then being turned on. And I hate being treated terribly and then having them come back acting like I’ll still deal with them. I don’t want to say I’m an atheist but I do want to say I don’t believe in god the same way I don’t believe in the promises people make to me.

Last year I told myself not to let those who’ve wronged me back into my life because I’m not going to let anyone who talks down on me, criticize who I am or blame me for their short comings to keep treating me the way they did but it still happened and I know to try my best to not let it happen anymore. I still miss some of those who are gone and still feel things could be worked out with some of them but I’m happy for the few who are still there and love them so. I need to stop writing so many letters to those who might not ever get them but I always figure out what to say after

I realized that I might be this kind of person for a while, people don’t really change they just grow a little as time goes on. I can’t help but stop and think about all that has happened sometimes blaming myself but other times understanding it’s not always my fault. These feelings don’t go so quickly but they will pass yet the way everything and everyone has turned out I’m going to keep my door closed but not locked.
>>
>blah blah blah
Is it a suicide note or a "woe is me" letter?
>>
>>17470179

Shit, my joke didn't come fast enough.

Anyways, your letter is the typically angsty shit that gets people on Facebook to want to defriend you. My question to you is: what do you really expect to come from this?

Do you want people to start apologizing in a public way? Do you want people to acknowledge your woe-is-me attitude? Do you want to push more people away?

This isn't me being a typical 4chan asshole, I really mean this. A lot of 20 year olds feel this way.

As for revising it, since you say you're going to post it anyways, try to come up with some kind of a purpose. Some kind of a less meandering point that you're trying to make besides "wah people don't understand me." And shorten it. You're not even going to get most people to do more than roll their eyes and keep scrolling.
>>
>>17470206
>typically angsty shit that gets people on Facebook to want to defriend you
That sounds great to be honest. I'm not trying to completely sound sad or get a response out of people but if it gets people off my Facebook that would be a lot better havingvthose who already don't give a shit be completely gone
>>
>>17470226
Why do you need a faggot letter to do that, though? If you don't want people on your facebook, unfriend them. Passive aggressive dipshittery will only serve to potentially alienate people you actually DO care about, and only give more ammunition to the people that think you're an asshat
>>
>>17470226

Just delete your Facebook then, you pussy. God, I fucking hate this "I want people to PROVE how much they like me" bullshit. Guess what man? Friendship is a two way street. You want people to beg for your attention and care but you don't want to pass any back. That's not friendship, it's narcissism.

That said, you'll hopefully grow out of it. I did when I was 16 though.
>>
>>17470226
I regularly defriend my actual friends over this kind of angsty bullshit. Your life is TERRIBLE, boo hoo hoo. No one has a perfect life and I'm not interested in giving you asspats
>>
OP this guy is right
>>17470206

This sounds like something 16 year old girls post then cringe at a few years later.

Some people suck and will get into your life only to stab you in the back, some people rock and will get into your life to make it better.
Nobody cares about "woe is me" horsecrap.
>>
If you post that on Facebook it's just going to make you look like a huge pretentious cunt.
>>
>>17470170
>>17470177
>>17470184
>>17470206
>>17470226
"How should I revise it?"
"Give it purpose other than a letter to just bitch"
"No it's fine"
>Goes to /adv/ disregards all /adv/
>>
>>17470230
>>17470230
I don't think you actually read OP's letter anon

I would revise it to be more positive but I wouldn't go tob l /adv/ for actual advice OP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.