[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have agoraphobia, specifically fear of crowds. It manifests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I have agoraphobia, specifically fear of crowds. It manifests very badly in an office setting. So much so that I am simply not a productive worker due to nerves and panic attacks. Can't ask for special accommodations as I work in an at will state and they will fire me and get someone not jittery instead.

I'm on my third job his year, about to lose it the same way I lost the other. Very public panic attacks at my desk.

I am 24 with a tech degree and I can't find gainful work outside of an office, I can't work from home due to lack of experience, and I can't take a lower key job because of student loans.

I don't have health insurance and won't for a month or so so no doctors or psychiatrists. Not that I could even afford a copay.

I want to kill myself I can't break out of this cycle impoverished job seeking and panicked work. Some one tell me what to do.
>>
I'm shaking and about to run and scream out of the front door I can't stop myself or calm down please someone help
>>
>>17469912
I'm not sure why you think you can't talk about this with your employer if you're certain the inevitable result otherwise is to get fired because you're incapable of doing your work while you're freaking out.

Because of the ADA, any even remotely competent HR personnel are going to be at least a little hesitant to fire you for having agoraphobia. That doesn't mean they can't fire you for being shitty at your job, and that doesn't mean they have the capacity to accommodate you.

When you have a job that is not suitable for you, you should not stop looking for other employment that is more suitable.
>>
>>17469960
Not at this job but I've seen a fellow employee ask for accommodations for anxiety issues and shortly thereafter they were let go for unproductive work and someone new was hired.

At will work states
>>
Face your fears. I had problems too. Any therapist or psychologist will force you to go out into crowds or give you meds. There isnt another answer. You have to do it you cant just hide in your room all day cause you are afraid of something that is only in your imagination.

My problem is hard to define but it mostly manifests itself in fear of heights. I work in a warehouse on the ground so im quite content, but i refuse to live or work in a building that is anything above 6 stories. But I imagine if i really had to I could pull it off. I dont want it to come to that.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.