[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents are overprotective. Need advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Elliot.png (668KB, 1115x621px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot.png
668KB, 1115x621px
Alright, we are east indian(look middle eastern) and we live in the USA and my parent's are paranoid people will want to hurt us if we go outside. I tried explaining to my parents nothing is going to happen because no one pays me any mind outside anyways but they don't care.
They think I will get killed or hurt if I go outside. so they try their best to overprotect us. I now have depression, anxiety, learned helplessness.
they became overprotective since moving here. They always thinks people are against them and want to kill me.
I explained to them that I am not a muslim but an atheist but they don't care. They don't let us( me and my brothers) go outside often especially at night.
I am 26 now and I have depression, anxiety, leanred helplessness because of this. Can anyone give a advice on what I can do?
>>
It will be hard but get a job and move out.
>>
>>17467897
Have you tried ignoring them? You are a grown ass man (or woman?) how the hell do you let your parents dictate what you do?
>>
>>17467912
Not OP but you need to understand that this kind of behaviour on the part of his parents didn't start yesterday. He was brainwashed and puted down since he was in crib. They stunted his growth and put leash and muzzle on him. You are on 4chan, if you are not victim of such a thing (which I guess you are not, because you are not able to sympathase) you should at least be familiar with this phenomenom. It's the cause of all this neet/manbaby/numale bullshit. Not only their parents don't do their job at teaching and growing this people as a adult, mature, responsible people. No. Their parents are actively or uniwittingly stunting their growth with plethora of methods.
>>
>>17467950
Thanks for the explanation, but I never ask a question I don't already know the answer to on /adv/
>>
I'm not inclined at this time to write a big post so I will redirect you to this one and this thread.

>>17467356
>>
>>17467897
How come you have developed such learned helplessness yet still argue the case against your parents concerns? There's an element of contradiction there.

Is there a chance that your projecting your own weakness or fear on to your parents and looking for an excuse not to have to overcome your own anxiety?

So long as you can blame your parents then you don't have to blame yourself and take any challenging actions.
>>
>>17467897
damn where the fuck do you live bro? and i understand muslim men are in a lot of heat right now for raping women so shes right you shouldnt be outside at night.
>>
>>17467950

Not Indian but from the same region. Parents also did this to me, but my family members and their parents don't do this, it's just my parents who are psychoes. I think this psychotic behavior is a thing that happens among abusive migrant parents, it lets them abuse their children using an angle others can't really rely on.

And yes, like OP they brainwashed the fuck out of me and raised me to think everyone was out to fucking kill me or use me. I too have bad anxiety, I too was not allowed to grow. They also never advised me properly to succeed, but just enough that I made a decent slave. It wasn't until now I realized what the fuck my piece of shit father and cunt mother were doing. Like literally my mother wants me to get a job so I pay for her house, wants me to get married so my wife becomes her made. Every time she talks to me it is a joke meant to pin me as a weak male etc.

So advice: Move out and never talk to your fuckface parents again. Be lucky your parents weren't sexually and verbally abusive, my parents did both to me.
>>
>>17468327

and do not under estimate the cunningness of your parents. They know exactly how to make your question yourself and how to make you mentally retarded. You have to move out on your own and never look back. Also, sorry about the spelling mistakes above.

Worst thing is waking up one day and realizing what the fuck your parents did to you all this time.
>>
They are not overprotective.

They are this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
I am like this fuckin girl in alot of aspects. Damn, I even look like her.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.