[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abusive parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

(not a native english speaker sorry)
my parents have been abusive ever since i was around 12 years old, i'm 19 today. it has been getting worse with the years, really bad to the point where my mum has been arrested once, and the police has visited my house quite a bit. they are alcoholists, but this is only a recent thing, they actually never touched alcohol before 2015. i'm in lawschool atm, i'm doing okay i guess i'll manage, but the thing is it's getting to a point where i can't handle it anymore. i can't move out of the house( my parents won't allow me to untill i'm done with lawschool) and it's.. not really an option either.. anyways i tried getting my parents into rehab(because the abuse has beeng etting SO much worse, and i'm afraid of what will happen the next time there's a big fight in our house)

has anyone ever dealt with something similiar like this? my mom has tried to kill me a couple of times and it's dragging me on a emotional and physical level, i had to show up to work with wounds all over my face and blame it on a ''bike'' accident, lol.
i tried getting the police, doctors etc everything involved so my parents could have a better future.. aswell as i, but to no avail. ontop of that i have 0 friends and i have tried for so long to make them(school,work,etc) and i just really hate everything right now..

idk sorry i just wanted to rant kinda, hope that anyone has any advice.. thanks to anyone that reads this.
>>
>>17467453
why do you still live with them? You are 19 and a man, move out and start your life.
>>
>>17467467
not a guy, but i can't. my parents are extremely strict because i'm a girl, they don't want me to. and this job+school won't find me a place
>>
If you can't move out then just treat home as a place to sleep, nothing else. Spend as much of your free time either with friends or in the Library studying. Do all your schoolwork in the library instead of at home, see if you can take on more hours at work as well. Just try to stay out of the house as much as possible.

As for wanting to get your parents help, it's admirable but they won't change unless they want to. Perhaps you becoming so distant will help in that regard, but maybe not. Be prepared to break away from them and move to the other side of the country when you graduate.

Btw the one English mistake you made was calling them alcoholists, the term for people addicted to drinking is alcoholics. Good job otherwise.
>>
>>17467491
woops, alcoholics. i do this one all the time no idea why lol
yeah, i want to be outside as much as possible, but i don't have the friends for it.. LOOL kinda sad i know but yeah..
usually i'm just in my room studying or just playing games.
but i always try to help my parents out :( i clean the house do the dishes cook for dinner etc and still they seem to really hate me.. i don't understand at all, i've never asked for much and i've never been a bad kid..
>>
Why the fuck is a person who gets beat on a constant basis and feels like shit using LOL?
>>
>>17467506
it's out of habit, i do this to people i talk online to..
i try to be positive i guess?
>>
>>17467501
i dont know about the laws where you are, but you are 19 whether a fapper or schlicker so get the fuck out. move to a new place, save save save.
>>
>>17467512
i know a lot of people say so, but i don't really have the money for it(i have been saving), and my parents are super strict(religiously too) and as a girl i shouldn't just move out on my own
>>
>>17467527

Once you have a part time gig and have enough money saved up, move out and cease all contact with those heathens. Honestly get a knife if you have to if they try to stop you.
>>
>>17467533
yea i guess you're right, idk i mean it's just really hard. and i am scared of them. i really am. on top of that i am really lonely too and sometimes i just wish for a hug from my mother or dad or something ffs just some sign of love
>>
anyways thank you guys for replying to me.. appreciate it really..
>>
>>17467551

Just remember you are an amazing person who is going to do great things in the future. Grind it out now and in the future you will be out of this mess. If you need anyone to talk to, we are here for you. Good luck!
>>
>>17467453
>my parents won't allow me to move out untill i'm done with lawschool

Do you live somewhere where they have legal custody over your rights at this age? Or do they have something else on you like paying for your schooling? Or are you staying with them and allowing them to make these decisions for the sake of family?

After a point when someone reaches adulthood their lives stop being about what their parents do or don't allow but how much power they give to their parents over them.

If you stay with them because you are not in a financial position where you can afford to leave, it is still your choice. It's just that all of your options suck.

Sorry that's probably not helpful at all.
>>
>>17467527
You can try to find another girl to be roommates with.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.