[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving a job I just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1417795733788.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417795733788.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
I need help with this, because I'm unsure of how to handle it.

>Be me, going to school full time to get my transfer credits to a 4 year uni
>Apply at a job on craigslist for a job at an ambulance company as service worker(Maintaining the rigs and such)
>Get the interview, they love me
>Offers me part time, 15/hrs a week
>Take it, had my first official day yesterday
>The job is not what I really expected, it matches the jobs description, but I find myself not enjoying anything about what I'm doing

I want to leave this job, but I have no idea how. They are nice people, and they like me. But the job just doesn't work out for me. I literally just started so I'm unsure of how to proceed from here, do I just cal them and say I won't be returning? He put in hours for me yesterday, so I'm in the system and everything
>>
>>17467158

as a general rule you should give two weeks notice. go in and say that the homework load at school has been a lot more than you expected, and you cant keep the position and you're very sorry for the inconvenience of hiring you and now having to hire someone else, but you're already missing certain assignments and NEED to make sure you do good in school.

if they are nice they'll understand (sad cuz ur a fucking liar).

seriously though, you had one day on the job, and its a job its not suppsoed to be that fun.
>>
Only one day on the job? Fuck it just text them and say you'll quit. They will eventually mail the check. It'd not like you will use them as a reference anyways.

2ez
>>
>>17467158
>it matches the jobs description
>not what i really expected

are you a retard? what are you trying to say here?

>one fucking day

kek
>>
>>17467208
he only worked one shift, man. that stuff only applies if you actually want to use them as a reference. unless you had a lengthy training process, just quit
>>
File: 1441947570062.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1441947570062.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>17467208
I know, I feel like a shitbag, and I know work isn't supposed to be fun, but I realized that right now all I want to do is go to school. I'm transferring to uni next year and can't wait for it.

I believe they will understand if I tell them that, because originally he offered me full time, and after I told him I'm going to school he said that education is very important to him and he doesn't want to get in the way of that at all. The he offered me part time.

I'll give it a month, because work isn't supposed to be fun, that's true.

>>17467244
Possible.

>>17467279
I am probably just being a pussy but part of the job description isn't there actually. So my job is to basically maintain and refuel/refit the vehicles before they leave. Part of this is restocking medial supplies, which was in the job description and we talked about it in the interview. My first day on the job, my lead tells me we never do that and it is really the responsibility of the EMTs. So the one aspect of the job I liked(I wanna get into the medical field so I thought get familiarized with meds would be cool) isn't even applicable here.

>>17467322
That's what I feel, but I need to land a new job asap because FAFSA fucked me and I have virtually no money for anything. I'll just start looking and trying to find something.

That's really my dilemma. I only worked one 5- hour shift so far and haven't got the uniform or anything yet, so I feel like now is the best time if I did truly want to quit.
>>
File: 1409656583216.jpg (25KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
1409656583216.jpg
25KB, 366x366px
Bump for more opinions
>>
You really should give it more than just one day. It might grow on you
It could be worse right?

But as for quitting, just dont show up and text them or some shit like an earlier anon said. Since you just started it doesnt really matter since you arent using them as a reference.
>>
>>17467322
Or he could just not want to inconvenience these nice people he's met. I hate when I spend time and effort training someone and they just drop the job out of nowhere and don't show up. I think it's inconsiderate. Good thing I don't own the business I work at, or I'd be wasting resources and have to get more judgemental at applicants too.

Offering two weeks notice would be very thoughtful, though. I think plenty of employers would dismiss you even before the two weeks were up if you were nice about it.
>>
>>17467336
You know medics only give like 12 drugs, right? What could you have possibly learned by shelving nitro and narcan onto rigs that you couldn't have learned by reading a book?

What's going on with you dude?
>>
>>17468034
Not just meds, but various supplies and shit. A lot of medical devices that I don't know about that I could learn.

>>17468020
That's probably what I'll do I suppose. What sucks even more is that my brothers first day of high school is tomorrow at 8(I go to work at 5am) so I won't get to see him go to my old high school.

>>17468019
Yeah that's true. Beggars can't be choosers.
>>
File: 1410347590767.jpg (4KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1410347590767.jpg
4KB, 158x152px
Update: I went to my school to figure out my financial aid, and hey said it would take 8 weeks to get through. Maybe sooner. I should be receiving about $5k, which can hold me off all semester. Plus, around the time I get that financial aid I have to take a mandatory transfer class which is directly on the days I work. No way around it, and its mandatory.

So I'll have to leave in two months anyway. Should I just them and tell them that I will leave in two months and ask what they want me to do?
>>
Work for them for two months, butter them up, get a work related reference in the first month for future notices, quit giving them two weeks. Be friend a coworker to get his reference is key.
>>
>>17468429
Yeah, be sure to tell them. And if you and they want you to do the two months, go for the two months. But if you want to leave sooner you can tell them that too, in addition to that you can't work longer than two months, and let them drop you sooner if they want. No need to push yourself by assuming its what they want from you and find out you'd both be happier if you left now. Be polite and stress that you appreciate the opportunity and you're sorry if its an inconvenience that things didn't work out better.
>>
>>17468435
>>17468485
I'm just gonna tell them tomorrow and apologize profusely. Odds are, they will want me to stay for the two months. I don't know if I want to though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.