[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get over a guy who broke up with me after 6 years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How can I get over a guy who broke up with me after 6 years? We are still on good terms but he said he doesn't love me anymore and that now he feels more at ease. He said maybe we can get back together in the future I think that's why I can't let go the whole thing completely.
>>
>>17467055
You could stop being a little bitch about it and move on.

That's literally all there is to it. You either have the strength of will to move on or you do what you're doing.

My gf of 2 years broke up with me right before I was about to propose. I didn't sulk and cry about it. I accepted it couldn't be changed and within a week or two I had moved on and was fine.

Also, if you do manage to get past your little bitch stage, don't fall to pieces just because your mind wanders to that person again. It's natural especially if you have no current prospects and you were with the other person a long time. Just accept it happens and move on.
>>
>>17467055
You're in a stage of limbo right now. You don't know what to think because you're unsure as to whether or not he is going to come back to you. Your mind is playing tricks on you to rationalize maintaining contact with him, when really, you should be doing the opposite.

It's easier said than done.

I'm not sure how I can help you, other than telling you what to expect:

1) You're going to come up with all the reasons in the world to continue talking to him
2) You're going to think that you should give him time
3) You're going to feel really bad, like the world is ending
4) You're going to miss him immediately
5) If you continue to talk to him, you're going to make it worse by delaying the healing process
6) When you've realized its over (finally) you are going to want closure of some kind
7) You're most likely not going to get it

Good luck, and remember: learn from this as much as you can. Grow... but do not let this change who you are. Do not become jaded. Do not let this destroy you.
>>
>>17467068
while I agree with this post, sometimes its extremely hard to let go, especially if the will to stay in touch is mutual and the feeling of togetherness and compassion is still there.
obvsly speaking from my own experience.. sadly.
>>
Thank you guys. Well it's extremely hard because he still want to keep in touch... we had a lovely relationship, no arguments or fights he was like a family member. Maybe I'm just important to him and he still wants to keep me close, but the love is not there and to be honest I know deep inside that it will never be. This happened like 2 months ago. Believe me I would flirt and date but it still feels like cheating and the whole experience will be unpleasant for the other guy as well who would date me. That's why I don't want to rush things and just get trough this first. Of course I'm telling my brain that this is over but I keep having this bad depressed feeling out of nowhere. Maybe dating someone else would speed up the process but I just feel this is not right. Maybe I'm just too much of a pussy but I just don't want to give anyone a bad experience.
>>
>>17467136
At the very least you are reasonable enough to understand where you are and I think that speaks volumes.

My suggestion would be to not date other people at this point in time. Maybe it would be better for you to focus on improving other aspects of your life like your career and your hobbies/interests.

I'd like to say that time will make things better, but I don't believe you should rely on solely on that, because when you love someone for so long, you will never let go of those memories. I think you have to step outside of yourself for a while and look at it from the viewpoint of a bystander... ie. look at it objectively for what it was, and cherish what a person could take from it.
>>
>>17467055

He broke up with you to bang other chicks, whatever you do, don't take him back in the future. I'd say cut contact with him because it seems like he doesen't respect you at all and takes you for granted. I mean why would he assume that you even want to get back together in the future? Don't be someone's back-up plan.
>>
>>17467184
To be honest I never thought about why he would say that we will get back together in the future, I just hang onto this as a last spark of hope. He is an extremely nice person maybe that's why I don't realize what is respectful and what is not. Sometimes he says nice things but his actions are different. (for example I tried to better our relationship and he said he will try as well but he never did I guess he already decided to broke it off) To be honest wieving this as an outsider like you, it just looks like he wants a comfortable plan B. Now that I think about it I need to learn how to point out white lies and that kindness could be misleading....
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.