[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work and Selfworth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Recently started working my first real job, I'm a little late on this road to independence, but I really want this to work out. These last few years have been stagnant and all I can think about is how good working will be for my physical and mental health. I'm about to go on my third shift as one of those grocery store ready made meal cooks. The job is simple enough, but by the end of my short shifts I'm completely exhausted which brings me to one of my concerns.

I'm not healthy and there is only so much work I can do before I get burned out. Luckily I've only been given these short four hour shifts otherwise I don't know if I could preform competently. I want to think that I'll gradually get better at being able to take on a harder work load as time goes on when I become more adjusted to working, but there is the possibility that I wont get better. There's been a lot of pressure to take on more shifts and notice that my shifts will get longer and more frequent when others start going back to school in the fall, but I'm afraid I wont be able to meet their needs.

Furthermore much to my disappointment I've only worked at the place for two shifts and already I've caught word of people gossiping about me behind my back. I smile, complete all my work, and do the best I can to my ability, and be as kind to my customers and co-workers as I possibly can be. I just don't know what else I could reasonably can do better to affect these negative opinions about me. I really shouldn't mind what others say about me behind my back because no matter what you do you'll always rub someone the wrong way, but the rumors have already affected my standing at my job. My friend warned me about being on thin ice at my job because someone wrongly accused me of being late for work twice on my first two days of work. I don't know who to talk to about this, but if it continues I could be fired.
>>
>>17466802
I just don't know what else I could reasonably do better to affect these negative opinions about me. **** Edit
>>
Don't worry too much about being exhausted after work, it's only natural if you've been unemployed for a while. This happened to me several times already and it usually takes a week or two to get used to it.

And don't take the rumors that serious. Most supervisors won't fire someone just because of a rumour at least not before having a face to face conversation.

Good luck in your job anon!
>>
File: 16_midi.jpg (42KB, 450x674px) Image search: [Google]
16_midi.jpg
42KB, 450x674px
>>17466828

Thank you for the suggestion. You're right, if there is a problem they would bring it up to me personally.

I'm going to try going into work early today to see if I can leave a good impression by being their ahead of time, but also I've been looking at posting for other jobs just in case they decide to let me go. Since I'm in this probation period before I'm unionized they can let me go for any reason they see fit, so it's an especially worrying time.

The only thing I can do is keep a good attitude and do my job to the best of my ability. No sense in over worrying about it.
>>
>>17466802
>I'm not healthy
What does this mean? You're just a lame faggot who doesn't like to work?
>>
>>17467103

I'm out of shape, I have some health concerns that are currently being tested, and mentally I've been through a lot but I've got help for it and all these problems are being addressed.

I'm working out, eating healthy, seeing a therapist, talking with my doctors and getting blood tests done and doing whatever I can to feel better, but I'm conscious of my limitations and concerned about what the doctors may find from my recent blood tests.
>>
>>17466802
>My friend warned me about being on thin ice at my job because someone wrongly accused me of being late for work twice on my first two days of work
Man, I don't understand how people can be such cunts. You should talk to your boss about it and deny having done anything wrong. Say that you're having a hard time fitting in and apparently some nasty piece of work wants to get you fired. If he's a decent guy he'll sympathise.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.