[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So I want to start learning how to draw, my issue is I dont know where to begin here. I bought a wacom drawing pad to use on my computer so now my issue is where do I start to learn how to draw? I know they say just keep drawing random things but there has to be a basic starting point to go from. Also what program should I use to start drawing? Would Photoshop be fine?
>>
>>17464755
/ic/ sticky is supposedly good.
>>
Pick random things to draw.
Animals. Fruit. People. Shapes. Whatever. Just keep doing it and constantly look for ways to change it up. Also be prepared to take hard criticism
>>
You really need to learn the fundamentals and draw with pencil and paper.

A tablet cannot accurately replicate the subtle hand movements.

Tablets are good for touch ups and basic drawing.

Someone good with pencil and paper can easily migrate to a tablet for coloring and finishing touches.

Besides, a pencil and paper are cheaper and easier to carry everywhere.
>>
>>17464832
>
So it might sound weird but this was a big inspiration for me to start drawing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn3W5_Dey9k so idk about drawing on a pencil and paper, I just want skills for graphic design
>>
Practice practice practice look up references practice practice practice?
>>
Drawing is hard. Regardless of your skill. Only way to get good is to do it all the time.

There are plenty of starting points.

Basic shapes.
Lines.
Contour.
Form.
Shadow.
colour theory.
anatomy.
poses.

Realistically youll never learn everything.

Youll always be looking tto improve something.
id honesly put away the tablet and go to pencils and paints.
start with basic shading and shit. Then draw from life. Once you get the hang of drawing from life then go to digital.

Protips. Take your time. Drawing can take ludicrous hours to complete a piece.
>>
I'd personally recommend Manga Studio 5/Clip studio paint over Photoshop for straightforward drawing because of its simplicity. Good luck practicing OP, read that /ic/ sticky
>>
draw from life my nigga

literally just put your bong on the table and draw it as accurately as possible. you'll learn fast

don't draw from photos/paintings tho it is NOT the same
>>
>>17464755
Do not learn how to draw on a tablet jesus christ no. Holy fuck. As an artist Im so triggered right now.
A tablet is an amazing tool, but its also a very weird one. When drawing youll often find yourself moving around your art. You cant do that with a tablet. You have to already be good at drawing to learn how to draw on a tablet well.

Get a notebook and draw. Doesnt even need to be a sketchbook. Just pencil and paper.
Also try your hardest to draw something 1to1. take a photo of something and try to replicate the photo. The grid method is good for quickly improving your sense of space on the paper.
Once you can draw something photo-realistic then you are ready for what art really is.
>>
wacom intuos...
comes with a drawing program
>>
>>17464872
You fucking idiot. This is why I hate people like you.
Professionals use giant fucking drawing displays because your shitty tablet is nothing like pen and paper and you wont have to same potential on them.
>I want to be able to draw on a computer without being able to draw on paper.
Fucking idiots I swear. Yes something like pic related is very close to pen and paper. the problem is that you cant vary the pressure you apply but thats not too big of a trade off for having access to layers.
>>
File: 1.jpg (216KB, 954x786px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
216KB, 954x786px
Not OP, but what would be a decent cheap tablet?

I'm not particularly serious, I just want to kill some time. I haven't drawn anything in four or five years, and when I did it back then it was just weeaboo stuff.
I always used pen and paper, so a drawing pad would be something entirely new for me. Pic related, my shit.
>>
>>17464755
I'm a beginner and I've been drawing everyday for 8 months straight, and I swear it feels like I make no progress at times,and it gets depressing. You need serious dedication and self control to be able produce quality content within at least 5 years frame time. Seeing how you only want to draw on a tablet and want to copy youtubers success shows you are not dedicated to practicing the fundamentals which needs to be done on paper imo.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.