[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I want to give The Art of Seduction by Greene a shot, for a change of pace and to gain something from it. The only searches I find about it are on seddit, and everyone there keeps saying to read Models by Manson instead.

I'm a pretty social guy, but I want to be more aware of what all is going on and have more control over interactions. I'm not looking to read this for "the game" but more for being more successful with people.

So based on that, would The art of seduction be helpful, or would Models be better for my goals?
>>
>>17463979
>should i read
Jesus...
Just read it, what the fuck do you have to lose by reading?
>>
>>17463979

>i want to take the fun out of life by trying to control others

no
>>
What do you need advice on? Also there's a literature board bud.
>>
>>17463982
Buckeroos and time. I got enough work as it is, and a shelf full of books to read, so I got to use my reading time wisely.
>>
>>17463983
Not control others, hone myself and make me more appealing to potential bosses, lovers, etc.
>>
>>17463992
Which book do I read is the question. And this is about books, but I don't consider them literature per se.
>>
>>17464005
Just shut up and read it douche.
>>
Have you read his other two books, Power & War books, it's just like those except applied to Seduction, he breaks down the different types of romances by categories and illustrates them with stories from history and literature. If you're looking for cheesy pickup lines, skip it. If you want to be an adult, read all three.
>>
Books like these might give some insight if you're completely clueless but reading too much into it will just mess you up.
Stuff like this should come naturally, if you're constantly analyzing everything you'll end up fake, untrue to yourself and you won't find happiness in the end.
What you really need is practice, to hang around social and charesmatic people, social skills should be learned by your subconscious not actively by your brain.
Trust me I've tried, I was a neet for the most part of my teenage years but managed to break free because I was blessed with some genuine friends when I got my first job.
>>
>>17464077
This sounds like what I need. I avoid speaking my mind so I don't risk friendships, etc. I want to sometimes stand up for myself without being a jerk, as opposed to "being the bigger person" and always passifying a situation.

Which one of the three should I really read/read first?
>>
>>17464100
I got social skills, friends, etc. But like I said above, I am too passive. I need something to teach me to speak my real mind without ruining relations.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.