[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and need serious advice on life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: success.jpg (673KB, 4472x3354px) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
673KB, 4472x3354px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 19K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
>>17463901

OK, take this from an oldfag who is happily married and has been working for a couple decades...

If you go to college, take a major that will lead to a high-paying job. Don't fuck around and just do your homework. If you are passionate about journalism, study marketing and make a lot more money doing the same work. Similarly, take industrial design over art, or petroleum engineering over physics and geology. No matter what job you want, study up on business and accounting.

It is important to love your career, but it is much easier to find what you love when you are not taking shit jobs out of desperation, living paycheck to paycheck.

As for findign love, work on yourself first. Spend a few years developing yourself as a person. Read and study and develop yourself intellectually. Get counseling and meditate to develop yourself emotionally. Practice talking to people, listening, and becoming comfortable in social situations. Develop hobbies, interests, passions. Figure out what you want out of life and out a life partner before you jump into anything.

If you are a healthy, fully realized person who is confident in himself, you won't have any problem meeting nice girls. Also, if you want a wife, look for a girl at church or classy social functions, not Tinder or the club.

get the fuck off of 4chan and reddit for a couple of weeks and try something new. Start exercising. Start teaching yourself Korean - there are hundreds of online communities and services that can help you get started with this. Start teaching yourself a new skill.

You ask if you should be spending so much time gaming. I think you know the answer. There is nothing wrong with gaming for recreation, but if you want to get anything done in life, logging hundreds of hours in Starcraft is not the answer.

Getting out in the world and trying new things, failing, learning, and working your ass off is the answer.
>>
File: thisnigga.jpg (102KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
thisnigga.jpg
102KB, 395x450px
>>17463937
>>
>>17463937
> As for finding love, work on yourself first.
I think i'm actually too nice (no not memeing), and way to far nice. I have problems saying "No, sorry i cant do that". I always say yes to everything i get asked to do. I also always come on time (Which is a good thing i guess). But i mumble so much when i talk, i fucking hate it. And now i just mumble when i try to get someone attention, because i need to say it 2 times anyways. So yeah i agree, i need to work alot on myself, i'm just an awkward nerd with nothing to say, i hate having lunch at work. I'm just THAT quiet guy saying nothing at all, not because i'm that shy, i just don't have anything to say to contribute to the conversation. Guess that is what i get for spending my whole life inside.
I know i also need to read more, it will make me more intelligent and more interesting as a person. I'm NOT comfortable in any social situation desu, talking to my close friends are ok of course. But otherwise i'm socially retarded.

> If you are a healthy
I actually started working on in January, been going x3 a week since then. Not dropped 1 day, working out for 1-2 hours.

> look for a girl at church or classy social functions
Social functions, like what? I cant think of any open social functions where everyone can go.

> get the fuck off of 4chan and reddit for a couple of weeks and try something new.
Are they really that bad, i feel like i gained alot of knowledge of using Reddit, 4chan is more of a fun way to ... waste my time. I'm currently browsing /fit/, /adv/, /biz/ and /trv/.

> Start teaching yourself a new skill.
I actually want to get learning Cardistry, it seems interesting and looks dope AF.

> Getting out in the world and trying new things, failing, learning, and working your ass off is the answer.
Like what? I feel like i brainwashed myself, i live in a quite small town and feel like there is nothing to do at all. I got like 5 close friends, but my city sucks. What can i do with them?
>>
>>17463901

stop focusing on an imaginary wife, jesus christ
>>
>>17463901
how'd you save up 19k???

fr tho, i'm 19 also. i'm trying to learn everything so I can have complete experiences when I'm older and ready to die. i have no advice really but just keep going i guess dude.
>>
>>17463976
> how'd you save up 19k???
My parents refused me to buy anything stupid at all. So i didn't spend a single dollar ever. I also never really socialized alot, so that's a pretty cheap way of living.

My parents and my older brother gave me my PC, smartphone, pretty much everything i own is from them. My mom also gave my money each day for school to spend on lunch.

Am i a lucky cuck?
I think that every dollar saved it helping. So when i'm close too a store and want to buy something i always ask myself: Why, do i really need this? I can just get free food and drinks at home.
>>
>>17463966

It seems like you already have a list of things you want to improve on, which is good. You can practice speaking more clearly, being more assertive and saying no to people.
These are all good things to practice.

It will be uncomfortable and awkward at first. That's why they call it working on yourself - it is work. It takes a great deal of effort and time and focus. But it does pay off. Decide to devote just a few minutes a day to working on one of these problems, and watch how much progress you make in 6-8 weeks.

Working out is great. Good for you.

As for social functions, develop some hobbies first, and social functions will follow. Say you like hiking - join a hiking club. If you like photography, join a photography meetup group.
This will expand your chances for meeting people in general, and from this you will meet more women. After that, you will eventually meet women you click with, and relationships follow naturally.

I don't think that spending time on 4chan and reddit is a bad thing, necessarily. I recommended getting of of 4chan and reddit for a couple of weeks, just to force yourself to do something different with your time. If you want to break out of a rut or make a major change, you have to start with breaking old habits and patterns. Browsing the internet can be a huge time sink. Just take two weeks and explore what else you can do with that time.

Cardistry looks pretty cool, btw, and is the kind of thing that would impress at parties and social functions.

If you don't mind my asking, which small town do you live in? Or at least, what area? Do you have a car? A job?
It would help to know more about your situation.
>>
>>17464014

> If you don't mind my asking, which small town do you live in? Or at least, what area? Do you have a car? A job?
It would help to know more about your situation.
I live in a small town in Norway with 6000 people in it.
I do not have a car, it's 2 reasons: I do not need it yet (because i don't do jackshit in my freetime) and because its expensive to just have a car even if you don't use it.
Ye i have a job, its hard to explain. It's something called "lærling" on Norwegian, which menas that you are working with shit wage i work at an office, so in 2 years i get 1 full year pay. (The pay/wage goes up every 6 months like this: 30%, 40%, 50% <- currently, then 80%) <- These are % of what they earn. As i just said, i'm getting 1 year pay for 2 years, but i guess its "ok" because it's only for 2 years and i get some kind of "certificate of apprenticeship"
>>
>>17464028

Ah. I'm out of advice, then. hopefully some anons from Norway can jump in and offer help.

I've lived and worked in a few different countries, Norway was not one of them. I know nothing about their job market, university system, or what it takes to start a business there.

I wish you the best of luck, anon. Hopefully some others will jump in with ideas.
>>
File: 0228 - I4izK2F.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
0228 - I4izK2F.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
bump
>>
>>17463937
This is solid advice right here
>>
really?
you want to know how you can get a good life but all you say about yourself is you want to play a game
what about schooling what did you study
what are you interested in that you might be able to get a job in
how much money do you want to make
do you know a girl or will you buy one later
in short you need a plan based on what you have and what you're willing to do to get what you want
>>
>>17465103
Will answer when i get home, g2g in 3 mins.
>>
How to live life successfully:

>wake up
>do things
>go to sleep
>repeat

If you've been doing this for many years, chances are you'll have all of those things. If you find that you don't have any of these things after all of those years, there was nothing anyone could have said that would have changed that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.