[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this to Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1471248204693.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1471248204693.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>be me, 23yo male
>working shitty minimum wage job for a year and a couple months
>female co-worker that I've never spoken to starts talking to me a lot and hugs me whenever she sees me out of nowhere after about 7 months working together
>always has a big ass grin on her face when she sees me
>When we're crossing paths she would stop in place and have a really cheesy smile
>called me bae a couple of times and would call me sweetheart and honeybun

Here's where it gets confusing for me:

>she asks for my number
>we text for like 5 seconds
>that was it... she never texts me unless I text her
>told her that I have Snapchat and she added me immediately because she has my number
>I chat with her occasionally on there but again, she never initiates conversations
>I genuinely like her
>finally have the balls to ask her if she was interested in me because of all of the things she would do that I said above
>she says, "I don't remember doing any of that"
>me: wut
>tell her about her calling me sweetheart and bae and whatnot
>she says, "I call people sweetheart and stuff condescendingly"
>me: wut?
>tell her that I thought she was doing all of that because she was showing interest
>she says, "sorry if I made you feel that way"

I don't get it. I mean, I know that she was probably just being super nice and all, but what gets me is that this came out of nowhere which led me to believe that she liked me. Did she really like me but I was too dumb to notice and I took long to respond? Or was she REALLY being nice? I don't know why females think this is okay, it's really easy for females to get guys and play with them and shit. To be honest, I was annoyed and a little upset when she told me that she wasn't interested. Also, about the sweetheart shit, she says that it's always in a condescending way but she would call me that when she saw me for the first time of the day. So I don't understand what she means by that. Any help guys? What the FUCK was that all about?
>>
>>17463472
>>finally have the balls to ask her if she was interested in me because of all of the things she would do that I said above

You fucked up son. Girls dont respond to that shit. You shoulda just asked her out for drinks or coffee.
>>
>>17463496
I agree, it was an autistic question, she probably had interest but not anymore. Good job m8.
>>
Dumb autist. You don't ask if a girl is interested, you casually ask her out to something. "I am going to starbucks, you should come." She isn't an idiot, she knows that it is a date but no you pulled the child method and asked if she liked you.

Unbelievable. You had it in the bag and then ruined it.
>>
>>17463496
>>17463500
>>17463501
I think she was fucking with me. I found out later from a friend of hers and she said that she's only interested in black people. So I don't know.
>>
>>17463472

OP don't do this social media bullshit, ask her out on a date.

Yeah OP you were wasting your time, don't even get a tiny(ONLY TINY) bit comfortable until she wants to go on an second date with you. Even when you're the bf don't get too comfortable, just make sure she's being respectful and doing what you want her to do and making sure her actions match her words. Don't take what women say to heart.
>>
always ask for a date first, don't beat around the bush with dms and sms crap.
>>
>>17463522
Got it, thanks. I asked this before but I was getting mixed answers. She just came back from vacation... maybe I should just go for it.
>>
OP here again, this is what someone else told me:

>Insecure women (especially younger ones) do this in my experience (I suppose insecure men do too, in different ways). They want to know they can get any guy and therefore flirt with any guy, without necessarily being interested. It's really good that you called her on out on it, for the both of you. It's good for her to know that she can't run around flirting with people without consequences, and it's good for you because you get to learn from this and move on.I think generally you want to be cautious around girls who are very assertive about their flirting. They're generally the ones that are like this. If they're not showing genuine interest by asking questions and getting to know you, then that's a red flag.You acted the best way you could though: call her out on it, so you know whether or not there's something there.
>>
>>17463538

He is right. Don't be needy and constantly having to do things. It should be push and pull. You shouldn't text her all the time and if you noticed that you have to always initiate then there is a problem. Girls like this plays games with men because it makes them feel wanted. She used you and then treated you like shit when you confronted her about your feelings. Don't talk to her anymore and only keep it work related. Delete her number asap.
>>
>>17463544
You see what I mean about mixed answers? Everyone else on here is saying I'm dumb for not asking her out when it seemed like she was just playing with me. I haven't spoken to her in like two weeks now.
>>
What does it matter? You fucked up already with your autistic question, beta as hell the way you phrased it.
>>
>>17463531

well ok, but next time ask for the first date after getting her number.
>>
She probably just wanted attention, and when you broke the casual shit she had going on, she let you go.
>>
One day you'll learn that you never truly know if a woman is interested until you ask.

The ones that touch you a lot and act flirty, then act completely surprised when you start catching feelings are truly mind-boggling. Men will respond to that kind of attention by thinking that you're attracted to them. If you don't want that to happen, then stop acting that way around them.
>>
>>17463828
By the way, she probably just wasn't interested, OP. That was a dumb way to ask, but I seriously doubt she was interested and then did a complete 180 when you asked your question that way.

Stop texting her and keep contact to a polite minimum, move on find some other chick who doesn't play games.
>>
OP here.

How was it dumb by me asking if she liked me? It would've been worse if I told her let's go out and she straight up denied me. I would've felt really dumb if I found out that way.
>>
>>17463926
It's not an acceptable way to ask someone out at your age. You sound like a middle schooler.

Plus, she pretty much straight up denied you anyway, so what's the difference?
>>
>>17463960
Alright thanks. I'll just be straightforward from now on I guess.
>>
>>17463926
no fuck all that. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing, there is no way in fucking hell she thought "oh im just playing around he doesnt think im being serious". She enjoys the attention and if she cant get it then she forces it upon herself. You did nothing wrong here my friend.
>>
>>17464015
I know I posted a greentext but I think it's really fucked up that some people do this. Like, you're insecure so you just string people along just so you could feel good about yourself? Jesus, just fucking tell me that you're interested. Females have this constant thought that every person should know what they're thinking or doing. It's fucking silly.
>>
>>17464025
right on brother. I have a situation at the moment where im madly in love with this girl but I cant trust her actions enough to confess i like her. Its unreal. Its like we are just expected to know.
>>
>>17464015
You realize that it's possible for both of them to be at fault, right?

The girl is probably a cunt, sure. But in the future, it would be better for OP to ask someone out in a less childish way.
>>
>>17464259
I wasn't necessarily asking her out. I just wanted a confirmation, but still, I could've asked in a better way; a more adult way. She was out of the country for 3 months (forgot to mention that) and I wasn't going to wait that long to ask her in person just to get denied.
>>
>>17464259
Also, you and a lot of other people here are saying that what I did was childish. Wouldn't you say she was being childish as well? It seemed like she was just stringing me along and that's a pretty fucked up thing to do. Even if she did have feelings before my texts, she could've just straight up told me that she was interested in me.
>>
>>17464464
I just said that your approach was childish. Was she being childish? Yeah, probably, but there's not a whole lot you can do about that. You gotta worry about you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.