[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some low-stress jobs that are good for someone with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What are some low-stress jobs that are good for someone with a laid back lifestyle outside of work?

For reference, I have about four years experience in tech support, before that I have a bachelors degree, and then before that five years of experience as a library assistant. Prior to that I mowed lawns. I'm 26.

Right now I'm in tier 1 tech support and it's so stressful I can't stand it. I finish most days in tears. I've heard the higher levels are even worse when it comes to stress and I'm doubting if this is the field for me. There are an insane amount of rules that I didn't anticipate when starting out.

The most recent one is that someone from work saw me playing music on the street and the management doesn't want someone who doesn't do 100% normal hobbies representing their company over the phone. I went through a similar issue a few months ago when I went to a concert at a bar.

I was under the impression that so long as I stayed professional at work and didn't do any drugs, I could do literally anything as soon as I got off the clock. I want a job like that.
>>
I can't think of anything low-stress, but that's probably because low-stress usually goes hand in hand with low income.
>>
Security guard.

Relaxing, chill and the best part is you can read books while occasionally looking at the camera. Boring as fuck but hey what job isn't am I right?
>>
Your job fired you for busking and/or going to gigs?!????!?!?!?!? What the actual fuck??!??!?!?!?!?!? I legitimately do not understand how or why the employment market expects people to be hobbyless drones.
>>
>>17463371
Not fired, just pulled aside and they let me know that I was supposed to be looking good outside of work too and that if one of our clients saw me drinking beer or hanging out with homeless people the company would lose it's credibility.

I personally think I should be allowed to do whatever I want outside of work but that's just me.
>>
>>17463386
>If someone saw me participating in a perfectly legal and common activity...
Shit tier employer OP, avoid jobs that require you to maintain some retarded code of conduct outside of work, you're an adult not a fucking kid.
>>
>>17463386

Is that even fucking legal to stipulate that you can't go to a bar after work? Idk what the laws are like in your country but in mine that wouldn't fly at all.
>>
>>17463386

Codes of conduct are pretty standard, hate to tell you.

They're enforced in the government with incredibly invasive security clearances. Otherwise, there are clauses in employment contracts (or in that thick ass employee manual you've never read) that in some cases makes anything you create/invent/do on off-time the property of the Company for up to five years after employment.

They can also prevent you from going to a competitor.

Read your manual. This is getting to be standard.
>>
>>17463432
>>17463432
I just can't fathom how or why companies are allowed to dictate anything about what people do in off-time. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>17463438
The problem here isn't the law. Companies have to be allowed to impose conditions on employment. The problem is that trade unions have been crippled, jobs have been outsourced and immigration is flooding the job market with cheap labour. The balance of power has been tipped massively in favour of employers, so they can now make outrageous demands and workers have to accept it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.