[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natalie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

At 38, I thought I had it mostly figured out...
Married. Kid. House.
You know, the "American Dream".

I saw someone I'd loved in high school today almost 20 years later. (oldfag)
We're both married.
I was in the kitchen with her while she was making another friend a drink and just wanted to slide my arm around her waist and pull her into me.
Silly.
Stupid, really.
Been married for 12 years.

But I actually felt mutual desire for the first time in a long time.
I'm a good looking guy.
Aged well, long hair, decent shape.
Now I'm sitting on my front porch in Tennessee @ midnight listening to the rain and drinking PBR while trying to forget about my stupid thoughts.

I don't really need advice...
Just a reminder for y'all that still have a chance to be with the one you REALLY wanted to not let it pass you by.

And I needed to write this down to validate it in some weird way.
Good night, Anon.
>>
How to know when you should not let it pass, like what if i feel cognitive dissonance like many
How do i know its worth it man
>>
>>17462423
You are in love with the memory of your lost youth. Go buy yourself a red sports car.
>>
Feeling will pass.
It's just youthful nostalgia. Don't be one of those sad old people who desperately try to cling to it.
>>
>>17462423
I recognise that exit. I miss tennessee. so beautiful in the spring.

thank you for the post OP, you are in my thoughts.
>>
>>17462810
Not OP, but leaving something you've lived will always be somewhat cognitive dissonant.

You know it's worth it by MAKING it worth it. Just like anything else, it depends on your outlook. Even if the woman you left is the most wonderful woman on the planet, you can still justify having had a little too much of a good thing already, and that life should provide you with the challenges to overcome great loss.
>>
>>17463054
*loved, not lived
>>
well done you marrying the wrong person
>>
>>17462423
Did you date her though?
>>
>>17464120
No.
She had dated a friend and I felt conflicted about going there.
In retrospect, pretty dumb... He ended up fucking my first love while at a party. Ugh.
>>
>>17462885
Hah.
Prolly so
>>
>>17462423

>>17463054

Yeah, I know.
No real thought of acting on it.
Just fucked me up a little bit.
Sigh
>>
You don't feel any mutual attraction with your wife?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.