[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is improving yourself not worth it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I've been a shy shut in for most of my life and have been trying to improve since I got to uni but fuck it up at every opportunity for the last 4 years. Ive made a few friends but I still just come off as awkward and creepy whenever i try and get out of my comfort zone with out friends. For example I tried being a freshman leader but I can't act natural around them and I'm sure they think I'm weird. Should some just live life alone? Are there people who are just going to be alone forever.
>>
Nothing wrong with being awkward, you can still get a girlfriend by just being yourself. Never under estimate serendipity. Listen opportunities will come to you into the future and you can fake it or just act how you normally act. Believe me being genuine is a lot better than being fake.
>>
>>17460524
>Believe me being genuine is a lot better than being fake
This is so true
>>
>>17460502

the bobcat is a native american spirit totem that teaches those born under its guidance how to be 'alone without being lonely'.

that being said, here is some of the best advice you will ever here:
>no one takes you as seriously as you do, so stop acting like they do

you assume the entire world is watching you and judging you the same way you judge yourself. you are a peripheral character in everyones life. instead of going in like 'UGH IM GOING TO BE SO CREEPY BUT I HAVE TO TRY' just go in and say hi. if people dont like you they will remove themselves from the situation, and then forget you exist in half an hour. life no better or no worse save for some experience improving your interaction.

keep in mind that just cuz someone isnt into you doesnt mean you failed an interaction. socializing is not 'pass or fail'. its like playing an mmorpg with no endgame. you're simply running around doing whatever interests you. dying out in the wilderness and respawning in town doesnt mean you failed, it was part of your plan cuz you have to go out there several times just to get enough XP.

and even when you get enough XP you just go into wilderness with even stronger monsters. the game is built around respawning over and over and over again. its not actually bad. its just life.
>>
>>17460524
>>17460538
I'm Watamote levels of spaghetti. And being myself isn't someone who's an outgoing leader type
>>
>>17460502
You should always try to improve yourself. Not everyone is an outgoing person and there is nothing wrong with that. However for the most part all humans should have some type of social interaction. Different people just need different amounts. Also not everyone is a leader and there is. Nothing wrong with that either. Just don't be a blind follower or yes man.
>>
>>17460524
>you can still get a girlfriend by just being yourself

Literally "jus b ur self :^)". I thought it was a meme, but this is what normies actually say.
>>
>>17460581
What do you do when you are in that position to be judged?
>>
>>17460705

what position to be judged? be specific.
>>
>>17460713
Like I said I'm a freshman leader. I guess mentor is a better word
>>
>>17460638
That meme has been around for ever.
>>
>>17460581
>the bobcat is a native american spirit totem that teaches those born under its guidance how to be 'alone without being lonely'.
wat
>>
File: 1468516987297.jpg (39KB, 602x469px) Image search: [Google]
1468516987297.jpg
39KB, 602x469px
>>17460502
Start being hardcore. I can tell just over the fucking internet that you're a little bitch.

Lift weights or do martial arts. Get a part time job that involves working with people face to face.

If you really are a neurotic autistic retard like you're making yourself sound then go to psychotherapy or find a counselor who will talk to you about how much of a faggot you're being.
>>
>>17460771
That's one of the edgisn't things I've read
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.