[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prison Guard Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: typical_day_in_rikers.jpg (53KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
typical_day_in_rikers.jpg
53KB, 560x292px
So just got accepted to a position as a prison guard for the state. On one hand the pay is extremely good, $20/hr with $30/hr overtime. Health, dental, 401k, the whole 9 yards. I feel like I'd do ok too cuz prior military. But the more I read about my job the less I want to go. They're paying out like this cuz they're horribly understaffed. The place I'm working at is so crowded that the prison gym had to be used to to house inmates, it's just bunk bed on bunk bed. They killed like 3 guards over the past few months in there so now nobody goes between the bunk beds without the special team clearing it out and removing all the prisoners. So this place is fucked.

The more I look at the prison and hear about this job the worse it seems. But out of everything that I applied to this has the best money, can help me get out of debt, and I think people are just trying to psyche me out of doing it. Some of the guards are old fat fucks, but they managed to stay un-stabbed after decades of working there.

Has anyone done a prison guard job before and can give me advice? Is it really that dangerous? How do I deal with inmates trying to test me or planning on killing me?
>>
bump because I'm interested in how this pans out
>>
>>17460090
Well, of course this is a job for TOUGH MOTHERFUCKERS

I can tell you something from the other side of the bar; you need to be respectable and likeable at the same time. Which is fucking hard to balance. You cant be a pain in the ass for everyone, but you also cant be a mellow weak fag. Its hard to balance it. One is sure - dont show fear .
>>
>>17460090
dont do it OP
you can do safer security jobs for near the same pay.
unless this is your only option i'd suggest you keep searching m8
>>
don't come in acting tough or like you're a god. all you are to them is a boss that tells them what to do. a boss they hate and have to put up with. the only thing that makes u "more" than them is that you enforce prison rules and policy and you have the power to punish them. other than that, you shit brown and bleed red like everyone else.

you'll do fine. just have a partner with you at all times.
>>
>They killed like 3 guards over the past few months
>>
>>17460838
Before I go smoke I'll reinforce my post. Negro is your life worth 20$ an hour? Holy shit there's better work out there. Move to where there is better work. You fucking retard.
>>
>>17460848
>not wanting to risk your life rehabilitating negros

It's like you want this fucked up country to keep their criminals doing bad shit.
>>
>>17460090
If you are having second thoughts and are scared, you probably aren't cut out for it.
Granted you may have previous experience going to a war zone, but in prison you are going to be facing the same people every day who want to cut you to assert their dominance in their cell.

If you can't physically or more importantly, emotionally handle yourself then you will probably have a breakdown in your first week due to bullying.

The pay is good because of the working conditions, most prison officers don't last the first 2 months, many leave after about 6 months and on the top end they tend to last about 10 years before they call it quits.

Basically learn to talk clearly, learn not to bite, don't get conditioned (smuggling in small contraband to keep them quiet) and don't let them run you around.
If you choke up while you talk, you flinch or you simply don't act, they will prey on you.

Oh, and be prepared for the possibility of being disfigured, you are likely to pick up a few scars, they probably don't want to kill you, but they will want to say "You see that guard's cheek scar? I did that".
>>
>>17460860
>US prisons
>rehabilitating prisoners
The US prison system is a business. It involves putting people in prison and keeping them there because that's how these private corporations make money. They don't give a fuck about the people they're dealing with - both the prisoners and the guards.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.