[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: NICE EPIC.jpg (4KB, 217x100px) Image search: [Google]
NICE EPIC.jpg
4KB, 217x100px
Is not having any social media holding me back?

Will people think it's strange that I don't have Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/whatever? I'm in my early 20s, so I'm sure I'm the only person I know without social media. Is it a necessary evil if I want to have any sort of social life?
>>
It's not necessary, but it helps
>>
It's strange in the sense that you stand out of the crowd by not using something everyone else does. Like walking in the rain bareheaded in a crowd of umbrellas. Not necessarily the good type of standing out, more like the no one gives a shit, it's your life, but it's still strange that you don't have a fucking umbrella kinda standing out.

Tbh. I don't understand the aversion to social media. You're not forced to shitpost or read others' bullshit. You can log in when you feel like it and that's about it. It helps in networking and can be a pleasant surprise to potentional employers who check your profile. A put together Facebook profile that tells others about your hobbies and interests and paints you as an interesting person is a gem among Coelho quotes and trashy party pictures.

Trust me on this, I worked at HR for a day when one of the interviewers fell sick and we needed a cleaning lady real quick.
>>
>>17459451
You'll never know where any parties/events/groups are at, so yes, it's probably holding you back alot.
There's a reason everyone uses it.
>>
File: 1470659993478.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1470659993478.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>17459451
I'm in the same situation but it's an easy decision, really.

If you have a social life then use it.
If you don't (like me), then it's better not to have a profile at all than have one with zero traffic and less than 100 friends.
>>
>>17459451
I don't have it. Social media is literally just a pissing contest. I have no interest in that.
>>
I made a facebook a couple of years ago and I don't really use it. I'll post once a month or so and get anywhere from 2-50 likes. I really like having it because it makes it easier to keep track of bands that are touring or in the studio and I can see a bunch of movie news.
>>
you can have one you don't need all of them
twitter, instagram, linkedin are useless
>>
>>17459708
This would make more sense if it were flipped. People not using social media are the ones with the umbrella while everyone else is out in the rain wondering why the people with umbrellas don't want to get wet.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.