[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eerie similarities between real life and this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: WeHappyFew_Logo_860X514.jpg (84KB, 860x514px) Image search: [Google]
WeHappyFew_Logo_860X514.jpg
84KB, 860x514px
Basically if you aren't "normal" by default your gonna be an outcast, driven out and cut off from everything in general, if you wanna have all the perks of society you have to blend in

This game is about some guy in a city that seems all happy and peachy on the surface but in reality its warped and twisted and the people who are genuinely happy are insane and the sane people have either been driven out, are hiding in plane sight, or have other horrible things happen to them

The people who are happy do it by taking their "joy" which is a pill that makes them happy constantly, makes them hallucinate sounds and sights, and just makes them constantly content

"Downers" are the people who refuse to take their "joy"

You can compare the joy pill to all the stuff average people do in their day to day lives to block out just how fucked everything is "music, tv, alcohol, etc"

You guys can look up more info on it, basically its just super creepy how much I can relate to it

I've been gitting gud at being normal lately but it still feels totally artificial, and its so fucking creepy how easily and how fast people will turn on me if I drop the act even for a bit

Am I the insane one here with my little analogy about the game or what?
>>
>>17459381
Not at all. You're totally right. The way society is structured always involves conformity. If you don't conform, you don't become some budhha king of the normies who can act the way "he" feels is right.

If you don't conform, you simply cease to be part of society. Like the r9k robots. But you can't just fake conformity. The paradox is that unless you are completely indoctrinated, you cannot function in society.
>>
>>17459419
The game seems to feature more than just a dichotomy of people accepted in the society vs people outside of it, the player character can fake being on joy even when he isn't, but it takes constant effort and if you mess up even one bit they will become suspicious and if you don't correct the situation fast they will know you are off the joy, and just running away wont cure their suspicion either

By smiling, waving, and saying little cliches like lovely day they will be all like "ok hes cool" but fail to do it and they get pissed

Some of the NPCs though seem to be like the equivalent of r9k robots, they are incapable of blending in due to a lack of knowledge or a lack of will, or even both

I really think its possible to blend in even IRL, it just takes some serious effort but the more I do it the easier it gets

Also look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_jzKP51U4
>>
>>17459381
>Life is shit
>Game is shit too!
DUDE WOAH EERIE SIMILARITIES
>>
>>17459419
The game even has all the people on joy painting their faces white as a symbol to represent it, and anyone who doesn't do it is auto identified as being off their joy, so your guy always has his face paint on

Compare that to never letting a depressed or stern look be on your face when around other people, and having to force your face to relax and smile and pretend to laugh and all that

Also compare it to people's disdain for pale people because they "need to get outside more" = "shut ins", and its as simple as just laying outside in the sun with your shirt off for half an hour every day to rapidly build up a tan that other will think is just great

Even if you've still spend your whole summer inside waiting for college to start again

Everything is just so fake

I've been listening to a lot of pop music lately, all the top hits, my local radio station which is huge and big time popular keeps playing the same songs over and over and over again, they aren't really bad but they aren't that good either, they are repetitive, they don't always make sense, when they do have some kind of meaning its usually shallow, and from what I've read "top" songs change weekly so a song from even a few months ago is considered "old" to people and they won't like it anymore

But normal people eat this stuff up, and its critical to know these songs by memory if your gonna go to parties and stuff
>>
>>17459381
>Deviation from the norm will be punished unless exploitable

There are a lot of cynical and negative viewpoints like this that you can adopt. Pretty much anything can become a reality if your subconscious wills it.

Since you've already evolved your mindset past the point of simplistic bliss, try to expand it until you reach a more complex form of happiness. Generally negativity and positivity in a line of thought follow a sinusoidal pattern.
>>
>>17459501
>There are a lot of cynical and negative viewpoints like this that you can adopt.
Like what?

> Pretty much anything can become a reality if your subconscious wills it.

All the stuff I'm doing isn't becoming my reality but its becoming easier to do it, I don't have to try as hard, its kind of like I'm going from fully manual control to semi-manual / semi -auto

I don't know if that make sense, I can kind of like get myself in the zone and half-way do it without thinking about it, and sometimes I can feel myself being pulled out of the zone and sucked back to my default and when I feel it coming on I either have to work with fully manual or get myself out of the situation fast before I lose control

>Since you've already evolved your mindset past the point of simplistic bliss, try to expand it until you reach a more complex form of happiness. Generally negativity and positivity in a line of thought follow a sinusoidal pattern.

What?
>>
You're not insane, a lot of people feel like you but no one does anything about it. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I'm afraid that if you play along, you contribute to the status quo. There is a reason we have outcasts, troublemakers and those who generally mess up our standardized ways. They create new things, some for the worse, but some for the better. The end of slavery (in some countries) or women being able to vote (yet again, in some countries) are due to people going the opposite direction. In some cases it just need one strong voice and more will tag along that feel the same way.

If you are not liked by your peers, you choose if you want to fit in, or be true to yourself and find other who shares your view without having to hide behind the mask.

I think Mr. Robot pretty much sums it all up.
>What is it about society that disappoints you so much?
"Oh, i don't know. Is it that we collectively thought Steve Jobs was a great man, when when we knew he made billions off the backs of children? Or maybe it's that it feels like all our heroes are counterfeit, the world itself is just a big hoax. Spamming with our running commentary of bullshit masquerading as insight, our social media faking as intimacy. Or is it that we voted for this? Not with our rigged elections, but with our things, our property, our money. I'm not saying anything new. We all know why we do this, not because Hunger Games books make us happy but because we wanna be sedated. Because it's painful not to pretend, because we're cowards."
>>
>>17459381
What is this, a prequel to Lisa or something?

>Basically if you aren't "normal" by default your gonna be an outcast, driven out and cut off from everything in general, if you wanna have all the perks of society you have to blend in
That's what they teach in school, but they are wrong, and they've done generations of schoolyard outcasts a grave disservice by continuing to perpetuate the misconception. Being a normie isn't about copying: it's about relating and understanding. As long as you can understand normies, and make yourself understood by them, they will accept you as one of their own. The only way you can screw this up us by actively refusing to relate, to normies or to anyone else ("anyone else" is a fairly new innovation, but it's become too widespread to ignore).

But that's exactly what you, OP, are doing. By insisting that all of these things are inherent and immutable, you give yourself license to refuse to relate, and then you do it. You were not born this way: you cannot choose the external factors in tour life, but you do choose the way you react to them. Rather than rise to meet the challenges you face, you chose to wallow. Rather than take the people around you as an opportunity to learn and grow, you chose to envy. Rather than accept the presence of minds and perspectives differing from your own, you chose to refuse to relate. And here you stand. And here you will continue to stand, until your choices change.
>>
b
>>
>>17460078
I already said I've been learning how to blend in lately and taking all the steps necessary for it, but none of it will ever come naturally to me and I'll never like any of it

I'm just not a normie, but if I say what everyone else says, do what everyone else says, and look how everyone else looks, none of them will be able to tell the difference
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.