[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ceo.png (896KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ceo.png
896KB, 1920x1080px
21 Dropped out/failed out(stopped going, also fucked up some) out of community college about a year ago. Could never focus on studying/doing the work for the life of me, always at the last minute. Was an associates in IT, which I don't think I even really want to do.

About 10k in debt, if I went back it would be 9 courses out of pocket. I currently work retail part time for 10.50 an hour. The 115 a month, while I don't like paying for something I shouldn't of done, is not an issue. The issue is that I don't know what the fuck I should do from here. I already have debt so I don't think I can really make any big investments on my future when it is just taking blind shots in the dark at what I can actually do/ what will make me money somewhere.

On paper it sounds like I should go back but realistically that would take around 2 years since I would not want to pay for a lot of credits at once (Not that I would be able to in the beginning, or if I would even able to do all of them at once, or at all. I wanted to blow my head off doing a course on spreadsheets in excel which is a class I would have to retake, hate networking too, hate programming too because I can't wrap my head around it at all/have no patience for it).

Even if I got the associates I don't think it would help me since I don't actually give a shit about IT and it can only help me get shitty low end help desk jobs that apparently you don't even need a degree for.

I have no passions for anything but I need to do something, I am terrified of being a piece of shit still doing entry level jobs at 25. I need some type of skill/something, but everything requires dumping money into it and when you don't sentimentally care/like it they are shots in the dark.
>>
>>17458805
Also, I have thought about military but no way on earth I could bring myself to commit four years of my life into it. Have worked with too many people that were either veterans or got discharged due to some injury, doesn't seem like it has done shit for them since they are stocking shelves with me.
>>
Don't know about you op but if I was in your case I'd grab that noose
>>
>>17458819
I was at the same place as you, except I started a little late. I was 28 when I dropped out of CC. I have roughly the same amount of debt you do (around $9k)

I decided that it didn't matter what I did, I just needed to do something that earned me more money than flipping burgers and delivering pizzas.

Like you, I considered the military, but talked to recruiters who claimed I was probably too old, in addition, I had a couple of dings on my criminal history.

All I knew, was I needed a big reset. A reset from everything... so that I could level out, and figure out who I am. I realized to do this, I needed a lot of time alone (I'm very introverted).

So I started really really really researching what would be the most economical way to do this... and I think I found it: truck driver.

Over-the-road truck driving.

Fast forward a year, and here I am. I will have been driving solo across the country for a full year in october. I've had a lot of time to think. A lot of time to see places. A lot of time to rationalize my values and expand upon them. And a lot of time to plan my next move. I've been to every state in the lower 48 except for maine. I got a little puppy from Laredo TX craigslist to keep me company. I talk to her all day, and it's great therapy to have a dogger on board.

I'm happier than I've ever been. The money isn't great (about $1000/week) but it will get better if I stick with it. And what was meant to be temporary for me, may now be what I was looking for all along.
>>
>>17458826

that's a really dumb idea. the 20s is where your life starts
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.