[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pretty sure my boss is going to flip out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: weird smile.jpg (7KB, 231x219px) Image search: [Google]
weird smile.jpg
7KB, 231x219px
Basically I have been working at this place for like 3 months . Aside from the boss not being one the work is horrible and there is not enough hours. Busy season starts in a couple of weeks and I know for a fact the work is going to pick up. Thing is I found a better job , the pay is a bit better but I would be back to less hours. So basically its either a ton of hours at a shit wage or a modest amount at something a bit better. I'm going with the pay raise here... My boss is going to flip out but w.e. Anyone have a similar thing happen? What ended up happening. Before anyone says boss wont care, they will just find another worker..true..but not at this place. My boss lost two long term employees 1 to an injury and one cut hours to go for a gig they like. Since then ( 6 mo ago they have gone through 4 employees) I have a feeling this is going to be a rough one.
>>
So... Man tf up??? Tell your boss you got an offer with better pay, don't mention you'll lose hours. Tell him you don't want to screw him over like his past employees have but finance wise you need to take this job to get by (even if u don't say it). Ask for a raise see what happens. If he says fuck off then take the other job.

Is this retail or what? Seasonal or are you a regular ft employee at either? Or pt? U could get more hours at that other place eventually... Happened with me was working full time +++ at a mcds making shit for everything I did, then I applied at a company in the warehouse cause my bro worked there & he'd get a bonus for a referral... Anyway, the new job would only be 3 days a week but payed $3 than mcds... Brought this to the store manager offered me a 10 cent wage if I went from crew trainer to manager trainee. Uhm bye. Worked at the warehouse eventually got on as full time seasonal now full time regular in a diff department, full benefits & everything... If this company is really good & a really good opportunity, don't blow it just cause you don't want to let someone (yo boss) down. Don't let yourself down faggot
>>
>>17458347
Its not retail. I work in this stupid niche skilled trades industry where its impossible to find competent employees because you actually have to have a skillset. I think you are elaborating WAYYY to much when you quit . I think my boss is going to FLIP...considering the other guy cut this hours to do his own thing and probably wont work on my days as he barley can work on his and trys to switch with e all the fucking time...mind you hes a 45 yr old man. The other guy I work with is just as new as me and just as dissatisfied. I only worry that hes gunna quit before me and fuck my plans up
>>
>>17458364
>my boss is going to FLIP
so? it's his problem, not yours. what's he going to do, fire you?

>The other guy I work with is just as new as me
>hes gunna quit before me and fuck my plans up
so? you're leaving soon. give your notice, work your last couple days/weeks as best you can, and then go enjoy your new job.

why are you acting as if any of this is your concern? are they gonna show up at your new job and make you do your old work?
>>
>>17458364
Is the new job somewhere you could use the same skill set or is it something totally different? I mean damn what do YOU wanna do? It sounds like you want to stay at your current job just bc you don't want to piss off your boss or leave him hanging, but since you said "stupid" in reference to what you do there, I wonder if you even like it? Could you see yourself there in 5 years? What about at the new job?
>>
>>17458388
I could give a fuck about my job now . I mgood at it but its a shit environment. I'm jus trying to keep good relations. Not because I give a fuck about my boss but because I give a fuck about my own references.
>>
>>17458398
well who do you plan to use as references? obviously not your boss...
>>
>>17458398
True true, but if you give 2 weeks notice & part amiably with your current boss then there should be no problem. If he decides to flip well then he's a prick but there's nothing you can do about it. Is he really going to try to fuck your reputaion if you quit?

Also, that's great your good at what you do, but if you couldn't give two fucks then what's the point? Your performance in any line of work will increase immensely if you actually like what you are doing, you'd be just as great in this new environment of you gave more of a shit about what you did and especially if there was a better work environment. All these little personal factors are key points in what will really make you succeed
>>
>>17458310
pretty basic economics anon... employees get fucked sometimes, sometimes it's the employer. if your employer is in this situation it's most likely because he's not giving them what they deserve(or can get)... fuck him. move up in the world. hopefully it's the right choice. if he flips out just tell him that's life.
>>
>>17458415
Its doubtful but I'm highly critical of my boss..Basically I was only hired PT so at my interview I let them know I would need more employment so the idea of always being available wasn't going to happen...they understood and agree. So it happens that a couple of weeks ago I interviewed at a place that the owner happen to be an acquaintance my boss..I never go the job and always assumed my boss pulled some scheme to get me to stay and be "available". Anyways I did over here my boss talking to the guy who cut hours abiut how he was pressed and needed the extra guy...Of course that coulda been about him and not me...but I am cautious around people like my boss because they are aloof
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.