[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacking purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: -(.jpg (8KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
-(.jpg
8KB, 241x250px
For the past couple I have been in a real rut, getting to University was supposed to be the real turning point in my life, but I feel totally disenfranchised with the whole idea. I hate the university I go to, a lot of the people I have met there I have little time for, and my course revolves around a field that I can see myself ever having a future in.

For the past couple of years I have jumped to the next stepping stone in my relatively young life simply because the path has been laid out before me already. With no real passion for academics and no real interest in a particular field of study, I am at a loss trying to explain why I even wanted to go to University when I have no real future goals in mind.

My friends are all going away next year, meaning that I will be without the only group of people that make me feel somewhat happy. My hobbies and interests don't reflect my academics at all and I have no real hope of breaking into them professionally.

Some of my friends possess genuine passion for their fields of study and professional pursuits and I am pretty fucking jealous to say the least. I am always being told that 'one day you will find your calling', but when I can't even be bothered to get out of bed on my worse days, is there any hope?

Thanks if you read this /adv/, any advice is much appreciated
>>
Your university has councillors for this. Talk to one.
>>
>>17458200
Done that already, they give little actual advice and just want to check up on how I am doing (i had a bit of a breakdown mid-way through the year)
>>
>>17458191
What major did you choose?
>>
>>17458282
Medical anthropology
>>
>>17458191
Pray about it.
>>
>>17458292
ok
>>
What are your interests?
>>
>>17458382
Music, film, art, sport
>>
>>17458389
Now which of those could you not live without?
>>
>>17458394
sport probably
>>
bump again
>>
Anyone?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.