[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't decide major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: ayyyy.jpg (23KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
23KB, 576x432px
I just cannot decide what I want to major in. I'm more artistic, but I know STEM is the only decent degree today. Always dreamed of making my own music business but the internet has ruined those.

I don't want to work in a shitty office job
>>
Don't even college. You're not gonna get anything worthwhile out of it. Go do trade school if you can.
>>
First pick if you want to do science, technology, engineering or math and then keep narrowing it down from there.

No one here can give you a definitive answer. Just find something you'll enjoy with a good job outlook.
>>
>>17458128
the STEM job market is already getting glutted. it'll be even worse when you graduate. plus if STEM isn't your passion, you will NOT perform as well at your job as you would if it was one of your main interests. you can try to fake it but it will burn you out fast.

put those two factors together, and it means that there's a high likelihood you're gonna have a shitty office job even with a STEM degree. the relatively few good STEM jobs will be snapped up by the people who are genuinely enthusiastic about it or who are more motivated than you for whatever reason. everybody else will get the ok-but-not-great jobs or the straight up dilbert jobs.

if you still want to go the STEM route, aim for something in industrial design or some other kind of design. that way you can actually use your creativity.

>>17458399
this is something to consider.

one thing I will say as a creative person who has worked both factory and office jobs: even grueling factory work left me more energy on the weekends to pursue art than the office job did. even when tired, I could still sit/stand at my easel and paint. with office work I felt brain dead by the end of the week. also in the factory I could let my hands and part of my brain do the work while the other part of my brain was doing its thing. I'd keep a notebook and jot down ideas as I got them. in the office, I'd fuck up everything I touched if I didn't have my whole attention on it. I never really got the opportunity to do much creative thinking while in the office, and I think having to forcibly bend my brain like that affected my ability to be creative outside of work as well.

every artist I know has a day job. they're all either art professors/instructors or they do something that's either fulfilling to them in some way or that they at least like. one of them is a full-time cab driver. another one teaches yoga.

your mileage may vary. but it's something to think about.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.