[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start a conversation with a complete stranger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1457923119030.jpg (38KB, 613x556px) Image search: [Google]
1457923119030.jpg
38KB, 613x556px
>Female friend wants to "set me up" with her friend
>femanon is allegedly really interested.
>Got a message from female friend
>"Femanon just wanted me to give you her number."

Usually I can talk to people if I have something prior, but I'm not used to just being given a number and told "Talk to her."

Only thing I can think of is the generic "What's up/How's it going?" But I'd appreciate it if the femanons on here could throw in some input. Once the conversation gets going I'm fine, but what's an appropriate way to just start a conversation out of thin air with someone you've never met before?
>>
I'd say you've already got your opening line.
>>
>>17457288
talk with her not at her. if she's interested then approach and just let her take the lead, spur the convo along where needed.
>>
You should literally talk about the situation and how weird it is.

Thats a perfect opener
>>
>>17457288
You shouldn't try to have a conversation over the phone, that would inevitably be awkward. Just ask her straight off if she wants to go out for a drink/meal or whatever. When you're with her in person, on a date, talking will be much easier.

You should also ask your mutual friend what this girl is into, so you have something to comment on or ask about when you meet her.
>>
>>17457322
Probably should have mentioned that I live an hour and a half away. She lives in my hometown. I recently moved for college.
>>
>>17457316
I disagree. The situation is only weird if he acts like it's weird. This girl may already feel strange about having made the first move, she may be further embarrassed if he draws attention to it. He should just act as if he was the one who initiated this, and take the lead from now on. Almost all women prefer dominant men.

>>17457336
So you can't meet up? I don't really understand what you hope to get out of this then. Maybe you should wait until you're back in town before doing anything, instead of attempting the incredibly difficult task of forming a sexual rapport with someone over the phone.
>>
>>17457364
>May already feel strange about having made the first move
I'd hardly call having your friend give your number to a guy a "move"
>I guess she's okay with some "long distance" if you'd call it that, kinda thing. I am too. I mean at this point I'm not even sure if I'd have any feelings for her. I have to actually have a conversation with her before deciding if her and I would be compatible. I just think the whole situation is odd and don't know how to initiate under this circumstance.
>>
>>17457364
The thing is it's okay if the situation is weird. If you make that funny then you made her feel something good, already.
>>
>>17457382
Maybe if you're good at breaking the ice. If OP has something genuinely funny to say, instead of 'haha isn't this weird?', it would be a good way to go, but it's risky.

>>17457376
You should get as much info on this girl as possible so that you have something to ask her about. You could start off by saying 'X told me you were into Y'. And if possible, make it a video call instead of a simple phone call. You want this conversation to feel as intimate as possible. Good luck, man.
>>
>>17457306 (y)
>>17457316 (y)
>>17457364 (n)
>I disagree. The situation is only weird if he acts like it's weird.
no, it's funny, because they both feel that way, it's not awkward if you can't laugh about it toghether.
thát is a good opener.
>>17457382 (y)
just say what's on your mind and place "haha" behind it.
>>17457442 (y)

and a bro tip: right before you will meet eachother in person, call her like "hey where was it excaly? I can't seem to find it" or whatever.
it can take of alot of edge. you know, first the voice, then the looks. it's less to take in at instead of all at once
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.