[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memory Recall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1257.jpg (232KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1257.jpg
232KB, 768x1024px
I was talking to my bf the other night and we were drinking and(of course not) I can't remember what lead to the conversation but he ended up asking me how old I feel since I can't remember a chunk of my life. I can remember small things from when I was 3-7, little events. But from middle school to highschool...well it's like if everday was a 30 minute episode, I remember maybe five minutes tops. I know I was there and things happened but nothing very memorable. I should also add on that I was abused after I was adopted, I'm also not good with communication and verbally expressing how I feel.
What do I do? Has anyone else had this problem before? Did it go away and you started to remember or did you go to a shrink? Is it even normal for this to happen? I'm not sure I want to really remember because most of it was a bad time for me.
>Wasn't allowed to hang out with friends, 90% of the time the answer was no.
>Very little social interaction besides on computer, which lead to trouble
>Made bomb scare in elementary school
>Always felt ugly and unwanted
Things like that. Any advice would be appreciated. I have to go to work in a few minutes so I'll check on the thread on my break.
>>
>>17456896
Uhm I'm pretty equal to you, but I think it's normal. All the people I know have a memory like that
>>
My memory was never great but I had an operation when I was 11 and it totally wiped out everything up until like a year or two before. So that portion of my life is gone. But I found when I started working full time my memory became terrible. Ive had to start keeping notes of everything I have to do and constantly walk into a room and forget what I went in there for. I think it's just a product of getting older.
>>
File: 1463622365806.gif (307KB, 309x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463622365806.gif
307KB, 309x360px
Honestly will bring you two closer or might show what he values in others, which may not be the same as you. Long term you only stand to gain seeing a shrink and processing the bad episodes of your life, especially in your in a good place right now.

I was not adopted but I was a (am a??) recluse because I was not allowed outside, felt unwanted etc.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.