[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting older the end of feelings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1287621444470.jpg (19KB, 249x213px) Image search: [Google]
1287621444470.jpg
19KB, 249x213px
When I was younger I was in-tune to the emotional and romantic aspects of movies and music, I was very imaginative and romantic in my relationships.

Fast forward to now (i'm 34) and all of those Romantic and emotional Nuances are lost on me? When I re-watch the movies, hear the songs I hear something completely different, The love and emotional aspects of things annoys me now, I cringe at those parts and just want to skip them.

Has anyone else experienced this as they age? Do you feel like you are not capable of deep love and affection anymore?
>>
I think your preferences are just changing. Instead of being all romantic and optimistic, you're feeling more realistic and cynical perhaps? You're feelings might change, but they won't vanish
>>
theres this fun theory floating around that 'time is relative'.

what that means is the more time that you experience, the less long time feels. so the first day of your life is the lonest ever, cuz you have never experienced a day before. the older you get, the more you experience, the faster time moves cuz when you compare it to your memories of time as a whole, each day seems smaller and smaller.

even if you account for losing memories in early childhood, they say that (relatively) you've lived half of your life by the age of 18. the next 60 or so years will move by just as fast as that first 18. terrifying.

your entire year at 74 will feel as long as your summer at the age of 17. spooky, yeah?

a great analogy for this is drugs. the first high you get off any drug is the best high you will ever experience. every subsequent use is simply chasing that high, but always falling short.

the same thing happens with food. the more you eat, the less good it tastes towards the end. its also a lot like sex. the more you have, especially with the same person, the less enticing it becomes ,and you have to do kinkier stuff.

so why would emotions be any different? as a teenager you have those hormones but you also have a lack of experience. every romantic situation fictional or real, feels really intense to you. the more you experience, the less intense each new experience is.

its why the youth is considered so passionate and older people are considered less so.

couple that with your biological clock likely telling you breeding is less important as you get older and focusing more on survival as a whole is, and you got your answer.
>>
>>17456925

all that being said, its not the end of feelings as a whole. it simply means that you see things more accurately now. your first love wasnt a real love, it was a chemical reaction. now those chemicals are only reacting to something truly exceptional. the more experience you get the more likely you are to only fall for someone really worth falling for.
>>
>>17456925
I'm right with you on all of that, but I seem to have lost it all faster than the people around me, relationships are especially difficult with women whom seem to still think that if I cannot inspire that same youthful romance in them that I am the problem. Maybe have not met many mature women or do women hold onto these things longer than men?
>>
>>17456925
>the next 60 or so years will move by just as fast as that first 18. terrifying.
>your entire year at 74 will feel as long as your summer at the age of 17. spooky, yeah?

Welp, time to kill myself.
>>
>>17456964

i think you are looking at it wrong. you are in their exact space right now: wonderingi why you cant have youthful romance.

just because she expects you to do all the work doesnt mean she still feels those kinds of feelings. on the contrary, youthful romance was something hwere a guy could buy you a 25 cent ring and you thought it hte most romantic thing in the world.

now shes insisting oyu find a way to bring it back, but if you did that or just took her out to the park to chill, she wouldnt feel it.

women put more pressure on men to fix things even if neither of them understand the problem.

>>17456969

>time to kill myself

why?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.