[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you overcome massive insecurity originating in childhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1468270281614.jpg (796KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468270281614.jpg
796KB, 1920x1080px
I always try to subconsciously please others, and can't take a joke about myself, without getting offended at every little shit.
I always want to live up to other people's standards, although they do not even acknowledge my existence.
It has gotten to a point where i can't even maintain eyecontact, because i don't want to bother other people with the eyecontact of a human trash like me.

I've read tons of self-help stuff regarding this, but after temporary successes, fell back even deeper and deeper.
Anyone ever succeeded in overcoming these deep, penetrating insecurities?

Pls halp
>>
>>17456775
Yes. I went to therapy when I felt that books alone couldn't help me. Try adlerian psychotherapy, that's what I did and it focuses more on your childhood and going through your memories and understanding and healing.
>>
I have crippling trauma from my childhood. What helped me was living in another country with a different culture and where people actually tried to help me out. Took a good 5 to 6 years to get over the problems though
>>
>>17456775
You're thinking about this in the wrong way. When nurturing and attachment in childhood is interrupted it's pretty much a life long disability.

If you lost your arm in an accident and read books on how to cope but you're reading the book hoping your arm will grow back you're going to "slip back" because you didn't get what you expected.

This thing is going to live with you forever. Just like losing your arm. It's all about mindset. Come at this understanding you can alter things and people around you so it lessens the impact but remember it's always going to be with you.
>>
Anyone read Self-compassion from Kristin Ness on the topic? Is it worth the read?
>>
>>17456775
you sound like me before i decided that i just needed to meet new people.
there's no happy ending, i live in a small town full of tweakers, i have 1 pun-spouting memelord who only talks to me about vidya games.
you just gotta tell yourself that if you're not worth their time then they're not worth your time, don't start shit because they probably won't care.
besides that find a hobby, or some way to keep yourself from being dependent on other people to be happy.
all else fails, i'll acknowledge your existence, but i think i'm a shitty friend unless you like vidya, memes, the devil's lettuce, or shitty philosophy that condenses to 'don't be a dick, that's another human being'
>>
>>17457520
thanks anon, you are very kind, but actually i have a set of friends who i meet with at least twice a week
I have a job, at which i am pretty good at, i just finished university, i've got invited to work on another new project as a second job, i live alone with my dog, so i can't really complain about these aspects of my life, yet i constantly self-sabotage myself when it comes to actually take some risks to improve my life, let it be work or interpersonal relations related.
What bothers me the most, is that i constantly let other people walk over me, even if i plan it out before not to let it happen this time, because i always put their value over me subconsciously.
>>
>>17457308
I'd try Dr Mark Williams Mindful compassion. Get it on audio book. His voice is incredibly soothing and the meditation techniques saved my marriage.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.