[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome social anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: blue dawg.png (644KB, 1000x795px) Image search: [Google]
blue dawg.png
644KB, 1000x795px
Everytime I try to talk to people I lose track of my thoughts or just can't think of anything to say. Everytime someone asks to hangout I end up cancelling because I'm afraid I'll fuck up in some way. I know these thread are probably posted a lot but anything helps.
>>
people claim you have to study anything before you do it, but its not true. and even then people use it as an excuse to never actually do something social cuz they can claim they are studying it for years and years.

there are many things you learn simply by having someone walk you through doing it. refuse to get a wingman? than you have no choice but to walk yourself throug hit.

practice has always made perfect. you cannot get better without doing. so keep doing.

there are no 'failed' interactions. just interactions.
>>
>>17455835
You're right, the only way to get better is to try. But its going to suck so much ass at first.
>>
>>17455835
this is honestly a good way to look at it, you just have to immerse yourself in the interaction your having at the time. Honestly, you start to realize that most people you talk to just latch onto the feeling that you're putting out. Even if you're feeling awkward just let yourself feel that way and accept it. This will just let you relax and become more in tune with our body. you don't have to be interesting 100% of the time.
Usually what will happen is that the other person will start leading the conversation, just follow their train of thought. If you actually listen to what their saying you'll stand out from the majority of people that they'll talk to because everybody is so caught up in their delusions that we hardly listen to each other any longer.
>>
>>17455835
Coke head strikes again, with not great but good advice again.

There are failed interactions. Separating good from failed indicates how future interactions will be.

But it is a numbers game. Assuming the samples don't interact with one another. Find a large population and picks samples. Drink a lil. Watch others if u need help
>>
>>17455859

ur hte kind of person who gets upset when his first draft is just 'meh'.

>>17455846

it doesnt have to 'suck ass'. its a conversation. you are not in charge of getting it to any specific endgame. neither are they .thats why there are no failed interactions. the most suave charming people in the world still get people who just dont give a fuck.

no one takes you as seriously as you do. realize that and you realize that nothing you do actually matters unless you let it matter.
>>
I suck at socializing too. I'm afraid of the affect that might have in my future as a president of a company.

SSSSSHHHHHHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT
>>
>>17455898
I don't know why but I care a lot about what other people think about me. Sometimes I just feel like I would rather not be known than to be known as the awkward weirdo.
>>
>>17455830
>Everytime someone asks to hangout I end up cancelling because I'm afraid I'll fuck up in some way

wowwwwww is this being the 16 years old the thread

thats not social anxiety lmfao
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.