[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to lie, if you're ashamed about the truth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
Is it okay to lie, if you're ashamed about the truth?
>>
It's always okay to lie.

It's not okay to get caught.
>>
>>17454815
That depends on your moral perspective, and your level of moral flexibility. The severity of what you're trying to hide, and the effect of lying about it, matters too.
>>
Say you had xx amount of sexual partners. That fact embarks you on an adventure of discomfort and embarrassment.

Okay to lie? Yes/no

By the way. It's just a general discussion.
>>
>>17454826
it doesn't matter if he knows you've had a ton of partners. the underlying psychological reasons for that fact will emerge. hiding who you are is delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>17454843
>truth
Then?

And who says it's a "he"?
>>
If you're going to lie, you've got to stick to it.

Don't tell sally you've fucked 5 women, and billy you've fucked 20 women.
>>
>>17454807

Just remember... it's not a lie if you believe it.
>>
>>17454852
why did you greentext "truth"?

>who says it's a "he"
it's pretty common in writing to put he or she in where the gender isn't actually defined
>>
>>17454814

Never tell the same lie twice.

Keep the lie simple; the more complex, the more to remember and the easier it is to get caught, if you're ever forced to repeat it.
>>
>>17454865
... Shouldn't that be always tell the same lie twice?

You should never not be saying the same lie, if you contradict it you're lying.
>>
>>17454807
It's not ok, but you'll do it anyway because you're ashamed.
Remove yourself from the situation asap, and fix whatever is the source of shame.
>>
>>17454859
Then what it is?

>>17454864
Not sure. My phone fucked me over.
But yea. Just wanted to keep the question pretty gender-passive, you know?

>>17454865
I fucked a lot of girls unfortunately. Keeping count is tough.

>>17454871
For me personally. The problem is maybe that I actually sleep with a lot of women after my breakup with my ex? Having a hard time settling down and trusting a significant other.

22 y/o btw
>>
>>17454826
Supposedly you'll tell your future partners.
It's not ok to lie, you aren't going to avoid them in the future, and you aren't going to decrease your number of past sex partners.
Find someone you are not ashamed to tell the truth to.
>>
>>17454880
Find someone you aren't ashamed to tell you fucked an untold number of girls.
There's worse, it's not like you cheated on each of them with the next.
>>
>>17454867

Sorry if was a reference to Star Trek: DS9.

How about this one:

Never tell the truth if a lie will do.
>>
>>17454807
No, whatever you did, you must assume it and deal with the consequences
>>
>>17454890
True. Thanks.

>>17454891
Bet you got some fucked up morals, dude
>>
>>17454892

Fuck that, shit.

Shit I lie about on a regular basis:

>That I'm faithful to my grillfriend.
>That I'm a disabled veteran and also homosexual for tons of scholarships.
>My income and assets so I can get food stamps.
>Cheating on my homework.
>Telling grillz anything about myself.
>Pretty much everything ever, forever.

And like any other skill, it takes practice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.