[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, here's my problem, anons. I'm in my thirties,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: rick-roll-cake.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rick-roll-cake.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
So, here's my problem, anons.

I'm in my thirties, have an awesome life, marriage, own my own house, etc.

I'm eight weeks pregnant, and I have been waiting to tell anyone until I am out of the first trimester (14 weeks).

Honestly, I am dreading telling my parents and family because they are dysfunctional and crazy as fuck. However, as morning sickness (which is really all-day sickness) gets worse it is becoming harder to hide my pregnancy.

I'm going to be visiting my crazy dad and stepmom this weekend, and I don't think I can hide the fact that I'm throwing up all the time.

Should I just break down and tell them?

We live in a small town, and once my parents know, everyone will know, including my coworkers, neighbors, etc. because they are huge gossips like that.

also FYI I might be headed into work for an hour or two but I will be back to check on the thread later periodically
>>
>>17454604

Just get it over with

Don't wear a burden that is so easily thrown off
>>
>>17454604
>Honestly, I am dreading telling my parents and family because they are dysfunctional and crazy as fuck.
Then maybe you shouldn't. Cutting contact wouldn't be a bad idea either, depending on the type of crazy you're dealing with. Stress isn't good during pregnancy.
>>
OP here. I've set a lot of boundaries around seeing my parents already, but cutting off contact completely seems unlikely.

So I decided to rip the bandaid off and told them when they called this afternoon.

My stepmom reacted sort of positively. Just kind of "Oh, OK, well good for you. Have fun with that. I'll knit it some booties or something"

My dad literally started mumbling "I don't want to hear this... I don't want to hear this..." and when I said I was pregnant he yelled "That's awful! AWFUL...I mean...congratulations? I guess? fuck I hate women..." and dropped the phone and wandered off.

So now I guess I get to deal with my Dad's bizarre rage reaction.

Raging, drinking, and crying for a week was also how he reacted to me getting into college (which I paid for), getting my first job, and moving out...so...I guess not unexpected. I just can't quite fathom why it happens.

Anyway thanks anon >>17454617 for giving me the push at least the problem won't weigh on my mind anymore.
>>
>>17454604
no, tell them youer putting on weight. you dont want to feel like shit telling everyone that it was a miscarriage. and you dont want stress to affect it. unless of course every one will praise you for being pregnant. you know your parents and family better than us.
>>
say "help me abort this parasite" the rest should work itsself out
>>
File: 1467592299158.png (183KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1467592299158.png
183KB, 560x560px
>>17455243
>My dad literally started mumbling "I don't want to hear this... I don't want to hear this..." and when I said I was pregnant he yelled "That's awful! AWFUL...I mean...congratulations? I guess? fuck I hate women..." and dropped the phone and wandered off.

Your dad sounds like an interesting character.
>>
>>17455541
kek
>>
OP here.

>>17455541

>Your dad sounds like an interesting character.

That would be an understatement
>>
>>17455541
>>17455828
how bland does your life have to be that thats considered 'interesting'
>>
>>17454604
>I am dreading telling my parents and family because they are dysfunctional and crazy as fuck

that's literally your body's way of telling you you need to keep them away from your child

doesnt really matter if you tell them since they will find out sooner or later, but what matters is keeping dysfunctional people out of your childs life
>>
>>17455243

yeah this is what I'm talking about, don't let your child grow up around that, you already know it's shitty
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.