[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late bloomer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: hobbes.gif (19KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.gif
19KB, 1680x1050px
I'm turning 32 in a couple months. I finished my undergrad degree in the spring of last year and took time off to work and travel to get rid of the burnout I had from back to back semesters.

I'm at the cross roads of whether applying for a career job with the fire department or railroad for the paycheck and retirement. The other option is apply either apply for a masters program or medical/veterinary school. That will require me to do another semester or two to complete a required course for the application and then another 4 years for the school, given that I get accepted.

I feel like I'm getting too old and that I'll be playing catch-up for years compared to my peers, both my age and the kids I went to school with, meeting wife material and having kids. My parents are getting up there and would love grandchildren of their own, I can see it when friends and relatives come by with their poop monsters to visit. Then if I take the career job, I'll regret it later that I never followed my passion.

I've lived a pretty good life the past decade full of travel and experiences all over the world but I know that doesn't mean much on an application where it'll read "wasted years finding oneself instead of taking studies/research seriously"

Anybody have any life advice?
>>
>>17453720
What the hell fire department let's you apply at 32? Every single one I've seen cuts off at 29.

Even if you get a good score on the exam it still takes years to get slotted into an academy as well.
>>
>>17453750
I think the cutoff is 40 in most departments. One can also self pay for academy, which would help with hiring also, but they'll just send you right back in most cases
>>
just do you
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.