[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inadequate with my peers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (321KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 2000x1000px
First world problems incoming:

I went to a highly ranked university and an elite preppy high school. The type of school where people would throw bitch fits for not getting into Harvard and complain about settling for Stanford or something. Everyone wanted to go to the best schools and be lawyers or consultants at big name firms. I got real sick of that shit and disassociated myself from that grind. I dropped out of my engineering program in Uni into librul arts, found myself a chill job after graduation that wouldn't leave me in poverty mode.

I told myself that if I just got a normal 9-5 day job I can tolerate/enjoy, get some hobbies, get jacked and bang some sloots, I'd be happy.

Browsing LinkedIn today I realized that my high school and college peers are way ahead of me. A lot are going to big name Med/law/business schools, others have some really cool jobs at big name firms. While I was chilling, they were studying getting into top 3 law schools and shit. Now I feel like I have to "upgrade" my life situation to catch up with these people even though I haven't spoken to a lot of them in years. On one hand having ambition is cool but on the other, shouldn't I not be comparing myself to others? What should I do?
>>
>>17453651
B.e yourself
>>
I'm in the same boat. I've watched sunsets over the Austrian alps, walked with elephants in Africa, shit my brains out backpacking in Asia. Experiences molded me who I am today, but that don't mean shit on an application list pool with 4.0's and fancy research projects. What am I doing with my life....
>>
jus b urself
>>
Don't compare yourself to others, OP. You've already said you don't like that lifestyle. People have different definitions of happiness and success. Find your own.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>17453729
>just b urself
>>
>>17453651
It's called the Fear of Missing Out and it happens to everyone especially now with the prevalence of social media. The point is if you're happy with your life don't let a metric like money be the deciding factor
>>
>>17453651
Seriously?
>had life mapped out
>was succeeding
>wanted an easier life
>don't care about friends first world problems
>dropped out
>suddenly care about friends success because lol jealousy
>hurrdurr why are my friends doing so much better than me?!?! Q.Q

You got exactly what you wanted, you made your bed now lie in it.
>>
>>17453753
I'll go lie in my bed, yer mum's waiting for me there ;)
>>
>>17453755
Good, then you can save me the trouble of getting rid of the body.
>>
>>17453757
Lol fuckboy id fuck your dead mothers skull so hard the maggots would be jealous
>>
File: lolaturlife.gif (2MB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
lolaturlife.gif
2MB, 190x190px
>>17453758
Idc what you do with the body, just get rid of it after. Make sure to wear gloves friendo :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.