[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it narcissistic to think I am better than normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 1467127232089.jpg (34KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1467127232089.jpg
34KB, 225x350px
Is it narcissistic to think I am better than normies?
>>
probably
>>
>>17453350
Yes. You aren't a special snowflake.

To possess that attitude is detrimental. Have respect for your fellow human being. You don't know their life and what lessons God has blessed them with. What makes you so special you won't turn to dust like everyone else when you perish?

It is realistic to understand differences in the economic system and maybe perhaps in differences in DNA structure such as body proportions. It is also realistic to identify differences in knowledge and acquisition of information. But it is better ultimately to be humble and take pleasure in being respectful to others no matter their circumstances. Otherwise you are just another insufferable asshole to be around.
>>
>>17453355
What if I just secretly think so but never tell anyone outside of 4chan?
>>
>>17453364
Doubt it.

You probably already exhibit this attitude in your daily life. Around people you meet. The way you dress. The way you behave in public. How you perceive other people perceive your self image.

Very self-centered and selfish attitude. Makes people not wanna be around you. Always snobby or angry or frustrated. Just generally unpleasant to be with.

Rich or poor, smart or dumb we go into the same grave.
>>
>>17453364
Then you'd be doing everything that anon described except you'd ignore logic and let it fester in your mind as a slow-growing mental illness.
>>
>>17453370
I know that. But I can't help but feel a bit like a better person for not for example having meaningless casual sex. Everyone describes me as a very nice person and I always help others with anything they need. But sometimes I look at my friends and family and just people in general and feel like I am a better person. But then again, I don't feel better than people who take care of themselves. But yeah, nobody knows I think this way, I am a liked person and humble.
>>
>>17453364
That's not any better because you're still believing it, and if you keep it to yourself it'll eventually turn into a delusion
>>
>>17453350

It's stupid, you might be smarter, but on all other parameters you are probably less succesful and happy thaan an average normie

Stay humble
>>
>>17453379
So everyone is really truly equal? So I am no better than someone who has sex with different person every weekend?
>>
>>17453374
The same way you think that way, a person also looks down upon you in a condescending manner.

It isn't being humble if deep in your heart beats poisons of hatred, self-righteousness, false entitlement and selfishness. A fake person on the outside has a way of conveying their ugly heart no matter how shiny the mask is.
>>
>>17453383
I am very happy. But I just can't help but feel smarter/better than for example people voting for Trump.
>>
>>17453385
Well I guess I am not a bad person then since I am none of those things you said.
>>
>>17453384
How is that a bad thing? Valid argument, please.
>>
>>17453386
Believe it or not, there are differences of opinion in this world as no two human beings are created equal by God. Everyone has a fair shot at life.

To some people Trump may be mean and brash because thats what you only see in the media. To others, Hillary is a person deserving of jail; repeatedly caught being unAmerican by cheating, murdering, liberal and supporting of Isis and oil wars.

If you are considering yourself to be progressive; you must understand the world is a massive place full of diversity in humankind. So to ignore diversity is being racist. If you are conservative, you may also take comfort in the fact that you value your traditions and nationalism as well as your body. But respect is tantamount and transcends cultures as well as being humble within yourself.
>>
>>17453390
I don't know, would you rather be with someone who is a virgin or has had sex with only a couple of people or someone who has had sex with hundreds of people?
>>
>>17453350
Question OP.

Do you have a job?
Is it a professional one?
How much money do you have?
What are your hobbies?
Are you in a high level of society?
Do you have your own place?

If all you have is your morals and values with nothing to show of it, you arent narcissistic, you are just a self entitled arrogant brat. You are just as bad as the people you dislike and look down on.

Only look down on others when you have legitimate reason to and have something to stand by.
>>
>>17453395
Not OP, but I'm pretty much this. How to deconstruct? Just get a life, or is there something more to it?
>>
>>17453392
I get what you are saying but I am humble, I really am, but sometimes I can't help this feeling that I am for example better than my brother who is using drugs. I wish he could see that it's not good for him but he sees it as a fun thing. My mother cheated on her husband with our father and that's how we were born, I would never do that but I guess it makes no difference to whether I am a good person or not. I'd never say these things aloud but just wondering that does thinking like this make me narcissistic?
>>
>>17453395
I automatically feel a bit bad for you when you think someone's selfworth is about how much money they have. I study in university at the moment and do volunteering with elder people. They tend to be people I can look up to.
>>
>>17453398
You are probably deep down insecure. Yes, get a life, pick up real hobbies like an instrument, language or exercise and come to the realization just cause you are more reserved doesnt make you special. You are not special. You are normal just likecthe people you hate.

In cruder terms, you are worthless till you make something of yourself. Everyone is. By the time you have you will be content and no longer look down on people and as such, you are now something worth it.
>>
>>17453407
Wow, you sound like a shitty person really. So now people who aren't something are worthless?
>>
>>17453404
I have had a life surrounded by full and succesful families and people. I have had stability and love. Its not the absolute truth but my own experience has shown i have my life cause of money and the status of my family. We all have Masters and money is what allowee us as people and a community to meet.

I then see the trashy areas and they are poor, riddled with crime and teen gangs if scumbags. I am a snob through and through and my family has taught me the value of stability through money and status.

But i do admire people like you though. You have big hearts and I wish I could be as open and sincere at times.
>>
>>17453416
Yeah I come from shitty environment, mom beat me and stuff. But still I feel like shouldn't feel like a better person than her, like everyone is equal, but really is she just as good as me even if I never beat my future children? But I still respect and love her and would never say to her that she did poor job raising me so I think I am humble.
>>
>>17453415
It was more to pin down his opposite mondset. But yes, the false sense of entitlement riddled in our modern culture makes people feel they are something without achieving anything.

It came out harder reading back, but yes unless you have achieved something like professional job and being a productive member of society, you really arent anything worth mentioning.
>>
>>17453402
Yes it does. It's being negative and condescending to think you are above someone else. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Jesus said.

Everyone has faults and flaws. Jut because you are young and think you have less than everyone else doesn't givr you the right to judge others.

Instead of shining a negstive light pn others, how about being positive? Learn to raise people up instead of putting them down. Find joy in helping others. Look upon others as inspirational, not in a condemning matter. Improve yourself, not look down on others.
>>
>>17453421
Yeah I see now, as long as you do something proper and not just rob or kill people. I think that way too, thus I feel bad for my brother for just spending his life doing drugs. I think he has the same opportunities as me (we are twins) but I chose school. But we are equal but I kind of want to say that life without drugs is better and he would be a better person if he even tried to find some job.
>>
File: 312341411.jpg (113KB, 1271x537px) Image search: [Google]
312341411.jpg
113KB, 1271x537px
>>17453350

Nope, every is narcissistic to some degree.

I'm smarter than most people I meet.

If I spend too much time around them my IQ starts dropping.

Much happier with it just being me, my RIG, my condo and my two plants.
>>
>>17453350
The only way we can truly judge is ourselves against our past. One has no right to look down upon another.
>>
>>17453439
Well I don't think I am smarter than most people, just those that waste away their life like my family. Sometimes I cry about it too. My dad started using drugs when he was 13 and is now unable to function without medication. But I guess I am jusr lucky and not smarter that I don't use drugs like my mom, dad, sister and brother. Wish I could help people like that but they don't want help.
>>
Its short-sighted.

I don't like the idea of trying to fuck a girl every weekend because the experience of meaningless sex I had in the past was actually pretty lackluster and did nothing for me, I don't have an ego to massage and I would much prefer to have a relationship with a deep connection because it feels more meaningful to me.

See how I am coming to conclusions about casual sex and relationships without having to look down on other people? I base my opinions on what I observe and what I enjoy, other people may very well think differently and i might even secretly think they will one day agree with my perspective but I have no reason to think about these kinds of things. I encourage you to think for yourself in this way, judging others will turn you into a shitty cynical person.
>>
>>17453456
Yeah, but for me, if I think that for example a friend of mine is giving herself to different guys every weekend and then cries about nobody respecting her, I feel really bad for her but at the same time I know I can't say that maybe she shouldn't do it because that is what she wants to do. It's not like I go judging someone for having made one mistake, it's people who keep on making these mistakes, even one guy I knew is sitting in jail for stabbing a person. Can I cure myself from these thoughts? Maybe if every time I get these thoughts I think "everyone is equal and my actions are no better than other people's actions".
>>
>>17453464
This is why I don't hang out with people. It pains me to see a person make repetitive mistakes, but I am disinclined to try to help them.
>>
>>17453464

They aren't obligtated to take your advice or listen to you, regardless of it might make them happier (in your opinion). The fact of the matter is you should be consciously aware of who to give advice to and what the advice should be, otherwise you're going to be in for a very tough time having arguments with everyone. If people ask you for advice then feel free to give it.

This is my approach and I have become a lot more "likeable" as a result, which in a very funny way put me closer to people who actually share the same perspectivves as me and even give me advice on issues at times.

I also now look inward instead of outward and acknowledge that outward imperfections are much easier to see than inward ones (my own).
>>
>>17453464
>>17453468

And I should add, when you start to look inward at your own problems, it shuts that judgemental voice in your head the hell up because you learn you are not perfect either.
>>
>>17453350
>Is it narcissistic to think I am better than normies?
In and of itself, I wouldn't call it narcissistic (though you may very well be a narcissist for other reasons). But it is certainly extremely arrogant, and probably unfounded.
>>
>>17453487
Yeah, well for my family I "help" them by not giving them money for drugs which makes them angry but I feel like it's the right thing to do, no matter what they say to me. Otherwise when someone asks me for help I do give it and it is appreciated and sometimes it actually makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't, like my friend asked how to get a boyfriend from a bar, I told her that maybe she could drink less at the bar and also hinted that sometimes you can meet people sober through hobbies and such but I wasn't looking down on her. Mainly I feel sad for people who keep on making mistakes. But I will stop myself from thinking that I am any better.
>>
everyone thinks they are better than everyone else.
>>
>>17453494
How to know if I am one? I made some online tests but I know you can't self diagnose but from one test I got 8 points and actors get like 18 points so according to that I am not. I just want to feel equal to everyone.
>>
>>17453491
And I know I am not perfect but when I look at my family's life, their shitty apartments and how they never work, I still feel like I am doing better.
>>
>>17453393
I wouldn't care at all because it makes no difference whatsoever.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.