[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizophrenia Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: nf3ppxflye1rppoiu.png (397KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nf3ppxflye1rppoiu.png
397KB, 500x375px
Does anyone have any experience with schizophrenia? I've been dealing with mine for the last five years and even though most of the hallucinations (visual and audio) tend to be rather mild since I'm still young, I had an experience when I was 22 where everything became strange and fleshy like in pic. It comes and goes, and I'm just not sure how to deal with it anymore.

BTW, there aren't any therapists within my area that have any training or experience with schizophrenia as far as I know. The few doctors that tried to help me gave up.
>>
>>17452247
I don't know if it's schizophrenia but I've had moments where I felt my husbando inside me wanting me to become him
>>
>>17452247
I can't help you much, and I dunno if this will be useful but Laing's "The Divided Self" attempts to give a kind of existential depiction of schizophrenia, so that might be a way to deal with it/conceptualise it. Whether that'd have any effect on your condition, I couldn't say.
>>
>>17452247

Get a doctor.

I don't care what excuse you have for not having one. Schizophrenia can and will get exponentially worse without treatment and proper medical supervision.

You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT deal with this on your own. You need to be under the observation of a medical professional, no if ands or buts.

I've been a mental health counselor for a decade and I can promise you the biggest mistake you can make is thinking that you can find some home remedy or technique to help with your symptoms. I've seen perfectly lucid patients suffer sudden psychotic breaks within a matter of days.

I had one patient who was in school, had a job and a girlfriend for nearly 4 years then within a matter of a week was found wandering a highway 6 states away because he had a sudden break and thought that people were trying to kill him.

Again, I don't care if its hard, I don't care if your previous doctors left a bad taste. This disease is not a joke and WILL ruin your life if you don't get treated. Being in denial about the severity of your condition is very dangerous.
>>
>>17452257
I'll try to pick it up next paycheck. Thanks for the recommendation, anon.

>>17452253
I guess that would depend on why you want to become him. Does he represent some higher self you want to achieve, or do you literally want to become said husbando?
>>
>>17452277
He was trying to get me to become him.
>>
>>17452276
Shit, son.

Look, I do try and take my mental health seriously. I tried for two and a half years nonstop to find a good fit for me, and it always ended the same.

"Sorry, we can't treat you, try these people."

And I just kept going in circles trying again and again. I really do want to get help, but I don't know where to start again. Do you have any advice on how to get a proper doctor? Maybe I just wasn't checking the right places. Surely there has to be someone out there that could help me. Any key words I should keep an eye out? Any treatment methods that would be a good fit? If there's a way to find a better doctor that I was just missing because I'm new to this, I'll pick up the phone right now.
>>
So wait, are you currently not receiving any treatment? Have you even gotten a full blown diagnosis? Because hallucinations do not always imply schizophrenia. And if you are schizophrenic, the risk of going untreated is that you may become severely delusional without being aware of it.
>>
>>17452288
Huh... Well, that's certainly new to me. I'd recommend finding a doctor if you can. It sounds harmless for now, but who knows where it will lead later down the road?

Out of curiosity anon, who's your husbando?
>>
>>17452295
I was diagnosed a little before the incident I mentioned in the first post. Granted, not everyone I've dealt with in the past has given the same diagnosis but more often than not I fit into the descriptors of schizophrenia. You are right, though. I could be wrong and be blowing this out of proportion.
>>
File: uguuuuuuuuu.png (225KB, 459x599px) Image search: [Google]
uguuuuuuuuu.png
225KB, 459x599px
>>17452296
Pic related
>>
>>17452309
I don't know anon, that guy looks pretty cool.

Heh, I kid, I kid. But seriously, go talk to a doctor.
>>
>>17452276
Nash dealt with it on his own
>>
>>17452247
therapy doesn't do much for schizophrenia. mostly you have to manage it with meds. and stay the fuck away from weed, it makes psychosis worse.

not even shilling for pharma or shrinks. I've just known several people with schizophrenia and the difference between meds *that are being correctly prescribed, managed, and used* vs. incorrect meds or no meds is very noticeable.

and make sure you get an actual psychiatrist to manage your meds, or at the very least a psychiatric physician assistant. a general practitioner or family doctor will not know enough specific info about psych meds to help you effectively.
>>
>>17452514
who?
>>
I remember days of Adderall abuse with no sleep I would fall into this trance where I was seeing things happen in my mind and thought they were real. I could have sworn I saw people coming into me and my exes room and one of them gave her a cake. I then snapped and full-blown auditory and visual hallucinations for about a month. Now I'm fine. Good luck it sucks.
>>
Tell me more about your hallucinations! More about what you see. Do you have triggers?
>>
>>17452528
I've heard from a few others with schizophrenia that meds are the main thing, though I wouldn't mind having a professional to talk to about what I experience. Because of this thread I'm gearing up and starting to hunt for new doctors, so here's hoping I find someone worthwhile. It's pretty difficult in the portland area.

>>17452786
Damn, that sounds pretty spooky. You sure you're ok now?

>>17452801
I've had a range from almost meaningless things to scary shit. I've seen monsters, insects with human faces, blood dripping from the walls, "shadowmen", ghostly looking people when I'm walking down the street, and unusual animals. I've heard the sounds of crying, screaming, people calling for help, and a voice that keeps nagging me to hurt people. I've developed a weird talent for ignoring what people say to me as a means of dealing with the voice, but... Sometimes it's tempting. Sometimes I feel like swarms of bugs are crawling on my skin, so I sometimes look like a druggy because I'm itching an arm or a leg.

Based on my experiences, I notice I tend to hallucinate more when I'm isolated for a long period, say 5-6 hours with no human contact. Stress ups the frequency of hallucinations, and its really easy for me to freak out at night because I keep feeling like things are chasing after me when going through hallways. It's not just a fear of the dark, but I feel like a PRESENCE is going to jump my shit, like how the camera would chase Ash in the Evil Dead series.
>>
>>17452247
I never understood the horrors of living in a parallel 'realm'. There are countless amounts of people that only get to wish to produce an equal vibrancy with their minds as you can.
>>
>>17452890
Well I'll admit, I was certainly intrigued by what I was seeing and hearing at first, but after awhile it loses its color. I've almost never experienced anything I'd consider pleasant, and sometimes I question what's real. There have been days where I'd just sit around in bed the whole day because I was convinced my life was a lie and I was peering into the "real" world, and shit like that.
>>
>>17452949
Maybe I don't understand, but I see little difference in struggles between 9-5 everymen and you. Them, their position in a workforce, you, a position in reality. If the workforce is a concept, which it is, which one is truly imaginary?
>>
How old was your dad when you were born?
>>
File: 1420492095606.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
1420492095606.gif
1MB, 296x160px
>>17453039
I mean if you want to get all philosophical, human beings enjoy patterns. We crave structure, so when we're born into a world that already has a bunch of the choices we would make filled in already, it can be hard to pull yourself out and really find yourself in the world.

There's no easy way to figure out if I'm one of the weak-willed ones because I cracked under the pressure and fell to the wayside, or if I'm one of the lucky ones because I get to see things from a different perspective and have to reevaluate my existence every day.

If there's one thing I'm sure you are right about, it's that everyone struggles, just not in the same way. I have no idea if you were expecting a reply or not, but there you go.

>>17453051
I have no idea, he was probably in his early to mid-thirties?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.