[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I stick with my gf and her feminist tantrums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1470767441359.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470767441359.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
My gf of 3 years flips the fuck out when I don't fully agree with her on the topic of feminism. (or any progressive topics, really)

She's dumped me before and tried to exit my moving car when I was trying to elicit calm, thoughtful discourse. She always resorts to yelling.

Saying "the radical feminists are making the whole movement look bad" was enough to send her into a fury. That's how I got dumped initially.

Should I avoid the topic or confront her on her tantrums?
Should I stay with her even? (is freaking out over certain topics a bad sign for the future?)

We're a really happy couple otherwise.
>>
I'd put a damn good honest effort into talking some sense into her and dump her if she insisted on continuing to act like a fucking child instead, but that's just me.
>>
>>17451431
>Feminist
>Reacts like this
She's been poisoned by tumblr. There's no fixing her. It's time to drop her and never look back. Many of my friends have fallen to the tumblr and now they are beyond hope. I'm sorry you had to be a victim, OP.
>>
>>17451431
She sounds like a SJW. There's no real way to deal with that - either she'll get over it, or she won't. Nothing on your part will change that.

However, you say she's already broken up with you. Has she done this several times, or has she threatened to do it several times? In that case, dump her ass. It means she's going to hold the relationship hostage until you acquiesce to her points of view and she gets her way. It's very childish, and it means she values herself being right more than the two of you being together.

Find someone mature enough to put the relationship first, and get rid of her.
>>
>>17451431
Leave her. Sounds like an immature brat. Anyone brainwashed by any polarized form of politics like modern feminism needs to be left to their own devices before they get a reality check. Find a proper young woman anon.
>>
>>17451431
>taking her back after she dumped you for expressing an opinion
Cuckboi
>>
If she's flipped out about such a minor thing she'll lose it over even bigger things. Either go to couples therapy or get out of there, homeboy.
>>
>>17451444
Nah man, you're making sense. Nothing off base here.

>>17451455
Oddly enough, she doesn't have a tumblr account. She definitely seems to share their opinions though.

>>17451460
She *acts* like a SJW sometimes too. I worked as a waiter for almost a year and noted that stereotypes with tipping were absolutely true. Instead of saying, "how unfortunate" she called me a racist.

She hasn't dumped me over SJW nonsense before, but she does get incredibly condescending if I don't fall perfectly in line with all of her far left opinions. Our relationship is bipolar at times. We get along incredibly well for long periods of time, but when we fight it's serious business.

>>17451463
She apologized, which is an incredibly rare thing for her.
>>
>>17451431
Show her some Karen Straughan videos but don't let on that she's an anti feminist.
>>
>>17451498
>She apologized, which is an incredibly rare thing for her.
Apologizing without changing is not an apology, it's a platitude. And it worked. She got you back and she gets to continue holding your relationship hostage with no negative repercussions. Nothing changed, nothing got better, all because she said two little words she clearly didn't mean.
>>
People who react like this to opposing view points are children. I wouldn't date a child then again I'm not a Muslim.
>>
>>17451498

Does she have friends that inspire that kind of behavior? She sounds red flag-ish. Remember you can always get pussy somewhere else if that's what's making you hold on.
>>
>>17451543
This.

Female here. Sounds like she enjoys arguing. She likes the rush she gets from arguing and the sense of being right more than she cares about your feelings.

Not apologizing for much is a sign that she doesn't have much empathy for you. These patterns will probably continue for a long time.

The multiple breakups, moodswings, aggression, verbal abuse, and generally childish behavior all indicate a personality disorder that is unlikely to resolve naturally. So you can either deal with it and walk on eggshells indefinitely to avoid triggering here, or leave and find a new mate who's better suited to you.
>>
>>17451498
Hey, could you kind folks of 4chan tell me what SJW is?
>>
>>17451543
This event happened recently. So far, the only feminist thing to go down was the "trying to exit my moving car" part. We didn't break up as a result of that, but we did fight a fuck ton. I look at her not trying to dump me is a sign of improvement. When she apologized, I wasn't expecting her to suddenly drop her views.

This is going to sound sexist as fuck, but women being completely bonkers at times has come to feel normal to me. I've encountered it with all 4 of my gfs. I'm aware that that isn't a proper sample for the sake of conclusions, but all 4 of these women have very different backgrounds.

So you're probably thinking "dude, she tried to jump out of your car, shes insane."

That's a fair point.

The thing is, the action she took that day was very unlike her. It was as if she was possessed.
Triggered perhaps? Haha. I don't want to haphazardly throw out a good 3 year relationship because she suddenly went coo-coo.

I want to be a forgiving person. I draw the line at things like cheating. But I will definitely not put up with acts of insanity like that in the future.

I told her several times to never do a crazy act like that again. She's been warned.

>>17451553
I can say with confidence that all of her friends identify as feminists as well, but I doubt any of them are crazy to the degree that they would try to exit a moving vehicle.
>>
>>17451601
It stands for Social Justice Warrior.

"A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online."
>>
>>17451431
No. Feminism is a big red flag to begin with. A lot of young guys with low self esteem settle for feminists but you need to leave and find somebody who doesn't hate your gender and isn't going to accuse you of mansplaining any time you don't agree with her. More than 75% of women in US are not feminists, so there are plenty of decent women to choose from

Plus fat acceptance and HAES is a big part of feminism now, she's probably going to be fat within a few years
>>
>>17451518
Or better, show her Christina Hoff Sommers and just act like she's just another feminist
Although most feminists are already familiar enough with CHS to hate her

>>17451615
IRL you can find them in any Women's Studies classroom or on college campuses in general.
>>
>>17451431
Here, let me talk to her...
>>
>Putting up with the women you want to marry throwing tantrums
Not worth it unless it seems like a phase.

I really liked my old boss. But he was like some kind of try hard liberal, probably because he came from West Virginia bumfuck nowheres ville. He had this chip on his shoulder about being super progressive/whiteguilt complex or some shit.

Every other day, I'd have to listen to him go off on some tantrum about "How the root cause of Islamic terrorism is because there are racist white people in bum fuck nowhere the south. And how terrorist are good boys exposed to racism and that makes the turn radical and it has nothing to do with the culture of their country of origin." Or "Every time some teenage wannabe gang banger gets himself offed by cops it was racism, he did nothing to increase his chances of getting shot"

Now, I put up with that, nod along and even pretend to agree sometimes. But that's because I want his money. He's a good and chill guy, but get him on a political tantrum and I want to off myself. But I listen to those tantrums on company time. I calculted one of the worst one, and I got paid 45 dollars to listen to one of his manlet-tantrums. With a relationship, I want to enjoy being around that person. What I want from a relationship is good times. It is being around them that I want.

Depends on how valuable your time is.
>>
>>17451431
>feminist girlfriend

run for the hills op any girl who calls herself a feminist is crazy. they don't believe in egalitarianism or being a humanist. feminism is only a one way street.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.