[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My carelessness cost a company I work for $12,000. I was doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: oops.jpg (416KB, 1000x991px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
416KB, 1000x991px
My carelessness cost a company I work for $12,000. I was doing fine before, now it almost feels like I've become the worst piece of shit around. I know that I need to be more careful, but this mistake has me wondering if it just means even worse things will occur. If I shouldn't even be allowed to operate equipment because how I use it might get someone hurt. They've not had anyone cause a mistake like this one in about two and a half years. It just makes me feel like a complete moron. I've wasted people's time and effort. I also had feelings that I should just look for some other job because salvaging this one may not happen.

How do you deal?
>>
>>17450761
shit happens, pass the joint.
>>
>>17450761
What happened? Be honest, was it your carelessness or a lack of training?
>>
>>17450789

Carelessness. Turned too fast on a forklift carrying a load of pallets with product on them and dumped those over. Had someone been standing where they fell, it could have caused an instant fatality. I can see that in my head... a pool of blood growing from under the pallets. I'd have just resigned if it was that bad.
>>
>>17450802
>I'd have just resigned if it was that bad.

Lad you would be going to prison for manslaughter if it were that bad.
>>
>>17450802
I tried to build a deck with Mirrorpool to double the fun with Evolution but it's just not there yet. Ideally I want to turn a Matter Reshaper into two Reality Smashers and get a freebie off the Reshaper.
>>
>>17450802
Lol this happened at a warehouse in my town when I was working security there. I guess someones foot got caught and broke because of the incident.

Everyone was shit talking the forklift operator calling him a hazard to the warehouse and shit.

Ever seen the movie The Machinist with Christian Bale?
>>
>>17450761
get your next paycheck then bounce
>>
>>17450808

Shows how stupid I am because, really, I didn't know it could result in that happening to me. I'd deserve it.
>>
>>17450812
The risks of multiple tabs.

Anon, maybe you do need better training, your employer should be insurance covered for some losses. Otherwise you'll have to take this as a lesson to be more careful on future. You've still got your job, after all.
>>
>>17450841

I work for a mult-billion dollar company. That doesn't mean I should waste their money. All I need to do is slow the hell down. I was in a rush to get something done and look what it resulted in. If I can fix the problem, then I can carry on. If it happens again, I won't waste anyone's time. That will be the end of it.
>>
>>17450858
You didn't waste their money you made a mistake. Wasn't it someone's job to check your work? I work in an office of FOUR people and nothing only goes through one person.
>>
>>17450870

Seems like everyone's job to watch what you're doing. You have trainers where I work (like anywhere else) and if your training doesn't go well, it falls on a trainer's head.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.