[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever receive unemployment? Can you share you experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1467901116064.jpg (45KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467901116064.jpg
45KB, 640x400px
Anyone ever receive unemployment? Can you share you experience?
>>
how do you get unemployment? I've been at my job for around 3 years and I'm pretty much biding time until they fire me.

How long would I have on unemployment? How do you qualify? How much do you make on unemployment?
>>
>>17450766
File with your state's labor department and they'll have you jump through a few hoops to prove you indeed did work at one point.

>How long would I have on unemployment?
all this varies by state, you'd really have to look it up. In most cases you stay on as long as you don't have a job because you'll be sending them proof that you're looking while you're on it.

>How do you qualify?
You have to work x amount of hours in a single place. You worked 3 years which is way over most state requirements. You also have to at least make up a good reason as to why you left the job (or got terminated).

>How much do you make on unemployment?
Somewhere in the $200 range every week. Max is $275.

You can probably get it if you apply with a good enough reason. 3 years at one shitty job is more than enough.
>>
>>17450781
can i be on disability and unemployment? I'm wanting to attempt to use my mild scolliosis as an excuse at some point in my life.
>>
>>17450794
No because the disability contradicts the unemployment. Unemployment by law means you're saying that you're 100% able and willing to work. Disability is you saying "fuck this shit, I want to be compensated for my ailment because it's preventing me from working as much as I could be".

Long term disability is the better move anyway. Because you can still work and receive it at the same time. Unemployment stops the moment you get a job.
>>
>>17450799
does trying to get an unemployment claim and not succeeding look bad? who has access to my claim? will it prevent me from getting labor work in the future if I've tried a claim like that in the past?
>>
>>17450827
The only people who look are the feds and that's for tax purposes.
>>
>>17450757
yeah, twice.

i got laid off both times and filed, then i got a check in the mail every two weeks i think it was.
>>
>>17450967
How long from filing did you get the first check?
>>
>>17450972
i dont remember exactly, i remember the first time there was some weirdness initially but it was relatively quick. within a month for sure.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.