[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it hard to get prescribed antidepressants?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1469845435718.png (984KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469845435718.png
984KB, 800x720px
I've had suicidal ideation for a long time, since I was a kid, it's become kind of normal for me. That's not really why I want something. My sex drive is making me miserable, and I'm scared I'm going to ruin my relationship because of it. I read it lowers sex drive, does anyone have experience with that? And what did you have to do in order to get a prescription? Or if there's something else I can do to lower it, that would be great too.
>>
Weed > Antidepressants
>>
>>17450356

My friend says it makes him horny, which is the opposite of what I want. Also I don't think I'd do well in jail.
>>
It's easy as fuck, they gave me prozac for premature ejaculation. That's it, literallly freaking premature ejaculation. Your general physician will probably make you fill out a survey on depression, refer you to a psychiatrist, who'll then discuss your problem with you and probably give you the perscription the very same day.

Remember, in the end of the day doctors work for you. You know what's best for your body, so if they're trying to not give you the pills you can be a little adamant with them about why you need them. I mean, listen to them too cuz they're pros. But yeah antidepressants are easy and it'll lower your sex drive
>>
I was doing some more reading and apparently anaphrodesiacs exist, which would probably be easier to get and I could take without bothering my boyfriend. Does anyone have experience with Libidno or anything similar?
>>
I went to my doctor and complained I was lacking energy, didn't have motivation, and overall life was a drag.

I was experiencing chronic back pain at the time, and that was the main issue I was bringing up.

He gave me pain pills for the back, and anti deppressants for lethargy.

Thing is, they take like a month to kick in, and I didn't ever even think they were working. I was on them for two months, and have been off for around a month now. I still have more refills if I wanted them, but eh I think my doc was just projecting depression on me and I'm really just a slacker.
>>
i went to the doc because id been having chronic panic attacks. he gave me pills for anxiety and some others for depression.

decided not to take the ones for depression because i hear they can be really tough to get off. i had recently quit alcohol and didnt want to set myself up for more chemical dependence and withdrawals when it was time to quit.

so any way got a little off track there but.. its pretty easy. if you go in and you're honest they'll work with you. do your research before you commit though.
>>
>>17450352
is your sex drive too high, op?

mine is too low. just try to talk it out with your gf.

Antidepressants CAN but dont have to lower your libido and/or capability to have an erection. This is a side effect not visible in everyone.
>>
>>17451407

It's too high. Um I suppose I wasn't clear, I'm a girl with a boyfriend with a lower sex drive. But that isn't the main problem.

Essentially, my lust is making things hard for me. We had PIV sex for the first time in months and I cried. Not because it hurt but because I had a realization. He turns me on and I come and stuff, but I feel nothing from PIV. In the 7 years we've been together I felt good a couple of times last year, that's it. And I know what can make me feel good, what kind of things drive me crazy. But it's not something that I will experience with him. So, my sexuality is not compatible with my happiness or our relationship. I want to kill that part of me so I can be happy. He can just use me to get off when he needs to and everything will be fine.
>>
one last bump
>>
As long as you can see a doctor/therapist and describe your problem, I almost guarantee you that you can get on antidepressants. Just as a warning, they don't work on everyone. Most antidepressants are meant to help with a chemical imbalance in your brain that is preventing you from feeling "normal". Considering you've been depressed since CHILDHOOD, I'd imagine they could help you. Then again, you could of just had a shitty childhood.

As far as lowering sex drive, I think a couple of them do that, but I wouldn't consider that a normal side-effect. If you specifically want to lower your sex drive, you should probably describe that to your doctor instead. Also, you should consider communicating how you've been feeling with your partner.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.