[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgivence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images-4.jpg (9KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
9KB, 188x188px
Could you do it? To what degree? If someone knew something was wrong to do to someone else and they still did it, could you forgive them if they put forth the effort to actually try to change? Or would you just walk away from it all together?
>>
>>17450045
Depends what it is. Cheating, no going back.
>>
360 and walk away
>>
>>17450045
I don't really know what forgiveness is, but I'm capable of accepting the reality of a person as who they are, the reality of the past as it is, and that I have priorities higher than justice. This has enabled me to not get hung up on the past, while still being able to learn from it.
For example, I grew up in an abusive household, but I'm predominantly not mad and that enables me to put my energy to building things.
The turn the other cheek and resist not evil things can enable you to walk forward without needing to constantly look back.
None of this requires you to like the person, although that may follow, given that we tend to appreciate everything we don't have resistance to. In some ways, 'forgiveness', as I understand it, is extremely cold. It is unemotional. It allows the anger to resolve. You stop internally imposing standards on a person and strategise instead. It's a much more rational approach than asking someone to be what they're not.
People can also change, but they often need a rock bottom event to do so, and they can slip into their old behavior. Forgiving someone is not the same as trusting them. Accepting them may mean trusting them less.
>>
>>17450880
I'll also add that it's necessary to grieve for the person you thought they were, which is that feeling of loss when you reduce or remove your standards from someone internally. The fear of losing my parents, of holding on to hope for them, was a waste of time. It was extremely sad to lower my expectations for them drastically, but I now have a better sense of who they are and we actually get on well.
>>
>>17450889
>>17450880
Thank you for that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.