[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, I just got kicked into the real world since graduating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1458885606080.jpg (13KB, 200x238px) Image search: [Google]
1458885606080.jpg
13KB, 200x238px
/adv/, I just got kicked into the real world since graduating college this May. I enjoy the modern lifestyle of dicking around with friends, watching movies together, playing games, etc. but I fucking hate the modern working life. I can't stand a 40 hour a week job at some large corporation that leaves me feeling like I'm just a terribly insignificant and irreplaceable piece in somebody else's larger vision. I'm envious of the people who run small organic farms or craft artisanal goods. I'm aware that it's hard work, but it's something that you built with your own two hands. However, that leaves people poor as shit. Been considering growing drugs as a middle ground between the two.

tl;dr I like having money, I don't like white collar jobs. I want to do farming, but I don't want to be poor. Been considering growing drugs.

What do?
>>
>>17449723
>irreplaceable

I meant easily replaceable
>>
You need to manage your ego. You're not a special snowflake.
>>
Go do farming. I know a guy who graduated from my highschool, went to Oxford, just went "fuck it" and became a farmer.

He lives below the poverty line, but has a fine living eating food he grows, reading books, and doing whatever he wants to.

What do you want a lot of money for anyways?
>>
>>17449737
I just keep looking at things from the viewpoint that I was born into this society and that my only option is to jump into that corporate machine and be a part of it. I just don't want to be a part of that social ritual.

>>17449772
Most of my friends are living that modern lifestyle. I want to be able to go out with them, play the latest games, and not have to worry about my whole life falling apart over something like a car breaking down. I feel like money is a lubricant that permits gives me room to make small gestures to the people I enjoy without having to worry about stretching my dollars.
>>
>>17449796
Woops. Sent that before I finished it. That social ritual doesn't give me any satisfaction. I really want to own something.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.