[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: star trek.jpg (222KB, 876x1079px) Image search: [Google]
star trek.jpg
222KB, 876x1079px
I've spent most of my time in my room and have been trying to change that in uni. For the past three years I've: gone out more with friends, started volunteering, and got an internship. I'm a senior now and none of that stuff fulfilled me at all and I'm still looking constantly for something I enjoy. It's now even getting to the point where my hobbies are starting to feel like a chore. Sleep is about the only thing I enjoy now. I'm 21 now and I don't feel like I could go through life so passionate. Any advice from any one else just coasting through life or advice from people who have found their passion?

tl;dr: not having fun with friends, being alone, work or hobbies any more. what makes you want to get out of bed in the morning or if you don't have anything what's life like for you?

pic unrelated
>>
Boxing.
>>
>>17449408
I've taken up sports, but I don't think I could do boxing.
>>
>>17449398
studying for a state board exam is the only thing that keeps me going
>>
Money. Because it can buy me the things I enjoy in life. Flying. Traveling. Owning fancy disposable electronics.

I really want to volunteer but the only 2 things near me of interest are always full and only have waitlists for next year (which is what they say every year).
I've been on the waitlist for emergency services volunteering for a few years now and nothing...
>>
>>17449426
Its not for everyone, but it keeps me going.
>>
The thought of having money, im currently going through school my goal is to land a good high paying job so i can start experimenting with drugs, hookers, a nice car and computer things i like etc. Im not there yet so i gotta keep working but yeah, basically the thought of being loaded keeps me going. Even the like you i get down and feel like ending it or i just coast along but we'll reach the land of milk and whores soon desu keep going
>>
>>17449502
>>17449438

I thought money would find me happiness but it and the stuff it buys don't do anything for me anymore
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450859456658.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450859456658.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>17449408
>>17449408
Oh fucking hell as a competitive fighter I hate this answer so much, the sport doesn't fucking answer all of your questions, it never does.

It's enjoyable yes, and you get the dopamine rush after sparring since you accomplished something, but the fact of the matter is if the gym you go to is shit (and most are nowadays) all that ends up happening is you burn out after a fucking month or waste money doing shit without progression. Ffs, you know how many gyms like putting in new bloods with their pros just to watch them get bashed? Too fucking many. Half of the gyms are so niggerfied it's horrendouslty disrespectful and jock-like and the other 1/4 is pure CrossFit tier made up of upper class yuppies pretending their tough.

If you want to find shit that's fun, join local IM leagues whether in the city that you live or the college. Also instruments can kind if help, but they may also lead to total isolation since unless you're finding a band to play with, you'll end up just bullshitting and strumming in your room all day.

Another thing you can do is realize that not everything is supposed to give you that "mmm, that's perfect" feeling. You're an adult now, a lot of the big events have past, no more liscences to earn, birthdays to count till you can drink etc. Monotony becomes the norm, and unless you have actual goals you want to accomplish like travel or whatever, you should get used to it and continue to improve on what you got.
>>
>>17449566
I have been there before believe me. I lost interest in everything all my hobbies vidya i had to work out of there little steps making lists to better myself working out daily imrpoving small things like eating healthy. You gotta fight it, its sink or swim now friend. I think its worth it, you cant see it now but if you break free you wont regret it you will find you really do want to live your interests will come back if you fix yourself mentally your sick and you dont realize it. I never felt sad or any other strong emotions i felt the same way empty but i like you was sick mentally and didnt realize it. I dont knoe if its some form of depression or what its called but i kmoe what its like.
>>
try anything new man . i believe the best things in life are the experiences. tangible things are nice but i personally don't invest copious amounts of time into stuff like that. even the small things like eating different foods. try cooking . a new language. instruments but you have to really love music to learn an instrument because its a lot of grinding and its never as easy as it seems. i do jiu jitsu, it keeps me active and i always feel like a million bucks after but finding the right dojo is key - most are just meatheads thinking its a sport when its an art. the world is yours. write a book
>>
>>17449656
I've been trying to learn an instrument but don't find any enjoyment in it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.