[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Job Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: angry pupper.jpg (84KB, 650x963px) Image search: [Google]
angry pupper.jpg
84KB, 650x963px
I recently got an interview for a new job and was offered the position. The employer is giving me till Friday to make my decision, but it's proven to be difficult. So I was hoping that i could get some other opinions and views on whether taking this new job would be better or not for me. I'll give some pros and cons of each job. (Both are part time, as I plan on going back to school either this fall or winter semester.)

Pros of Current Job: - It's only a 10-15 minute drive there - Very flexible work schedule - I'm usually given 25 hours minimum - I like my coworkers - I'm given mostly morning shifts, getting out around 3, 4, or 5 o'clock - I don't have to work major holidays

Cons of Current Job: - It's retail - I make $9.25/ hour - No set schedule (sometimes I'll work till 10 or 11pm and have to work at 7am the next day) - I don't truly enjoy this job

Pros of Possible New Job: - I'd be making $11.06/ hour - It's an office job at a hospital. I plan on going to school for forensic science, a lab job. I could possibly get a job at a hospital doing lab testing after I get done with schooling. Not exactly the same as the office job proposed to me currently but i feel as if it is a step in the right direction - I'd have a set schedule - I'd get a minimum of 20 hours but can request to have more - A friend works there and enjoys the job

Cons of Possible New Job: - It's 30-40 minutes away - I would have all night shifts lasting from 1:00- 9:30 pm. I would plan on working at least 3 shifts to get 24 hours/ week - The school I plan on going to is about an hours drive for
me. I plan on taking all my classes on the same days which would be two days per week. I would essentially have no free time to spend with my friends or boyfriend than if I had a job where I worked during the day

tl;dr: Should I move to a new job or keep my old one?
>>
>>17448859

Wouldn't all fit in the first post. I thought this decision would be easy, but after looking at everything as a whole it's proven to be the opposite. I'm truly on the fence leaning only slightly towards staying with my old job. Mostly because I don't want even less time to spend with loved ones when school starts, but also because change is stressful for me whether it be good or bad. So, give me your opinions and I'll try to answer questions if you guys have any. Hopefully it'll help me make a more firm decision. Thanks for reading and/or replying.
>>
>>17448866
>>17448859

Would say new job, but I'm a work-aholic and I wouldn't mind working all day at the office, it's a relief to do so for me, but I don't think that'd be the same for you. Ultimately the choice is up to you, but what I can analyze is :

> Current Job is probably easier, takes less time and not expecting much stress for now, only con is less money and the lack of schedule, which could be worked on if you plan on working there for years.

> New job takes more time, need schooling if I understood your point. I don't know about stress but this is a hospital, probably noisy office all day, coworkers are probably nice people besides some sick shit of a patient

What do you think OP ? I'd totally say new job but do you think this is a profitable gain, workwise and stresswise to have $2/h more ?
>>
>>17448910

I think part of the problem for me is that after paying for gas to drive further, I'll end up only making an extra $15 or so a week. Also, being in my car for an extra hour doesn't sound too great either. I'm just having a really difficult time with the decision, appreciate the input though.
>>
You are worried about the extra money you are going to make and the less free time you have, but the thing you should be worried about is the experience you are gaining. As an employer, I wouldnt look twice at your resume if you have retail exp vs exp in a pseudo major related job (after you graduate)
>>
>>17448918
I'm not going to throw some random phrase like "Go with your guts", but go with what you're expecting to do for a long period of time, just think in matter of pleasure, money and stable future. I still believe more money is better for you even if it takes up more time and gas, but I don't know if that's enough money to make a real change, but it's still considerable if you plan on keeping the job.

Go with something that you'd enjoy having in your future : either it's money, or free-time or pleasure at work
>>
>>17448935

I think one of the biggest things that stresses me out is the idea of not having any free time.

>>17448931

That is a good point.
>>
>>17448931
I agree with this. You might have less free time but the experience will be invaluable and helpful for your future career so I'd go with the new job.
>>
>>17448980

That's true, might be for the best. It's just a difficult to make the jump.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.