[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapist Is Being Useless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>Go to family's therapist after years of not going to one.
>I sit down, I remember those awful candles she'd light. We talk...
>On a scale of 1 to 10 how depressed are you Anon? etc. etc.
>I go into the philosophical questions I ask myself daily. Tell her about my social life, work and school. I tell her I feel like I've lost myself and I'm essentially an actor with an ice cold inside.
>She panics, recommends pills ASAP
>I talk even more about my disconnection with others. I put in effort yet I never seem to hear back from people.
>She tells me stuff like "It takes two to dance Anon! It's a conversation!"
>I tell her I wait back for responses without being needy. It's just their problem and I should just get back to work.
>She panics and asks if I'm suicidal

I mean I'm not really suicidal. Just feeling rather dull. I want to help others out and be useful but I feel like I can't do much... Doesn't help that she gave me this "oh dear..." look when I said I'm 21 and can't drive because I black out behind the wheel.
>>
I mean I get it, it's a therapist. But I just felt really misunderstood and it felt like she was talking down to me the whole time. Did I read this the right way?
>>
Explain the blacking out. Is it medical or mental issues?
>>
99/100 therapists are useless. You ever been to college? You ever talked to a psych major? That's who your therapist is.
>>
get the pills if she gives them up so easy and make a buck selling them

then get a different therapist
>>
File: 78500944.jpg (19KB, 346x346px)
78500944.jpg
19KB, 346x346px
You already know the answer

Try another therapist. Hell, fucking 7cups.com can do a better job, I'm sure of it.

I'm rather suicidal these days (I'm blaming hormonal problems I'm trying to fix as soon as possible), but talked to a friend and he had a rather level headed approach to things.

As for the finding yourself and forming bonds, it's never easy man. What can I say

Bottom line, find better therapysts. Try to reconnect with someone you think would be a good person in your life.

Even people on /adv/ at times leave their emails or skype accounts to chat.
>>
>>17448587
>>17448583

Therapists aren't a one stop shop.

If you don't feel compatible with one you try another. It took me sessions with 2 different ones before I stuck with the 3rd.

Also keep in mind that its a therapists job to confront you with ideas that contradict your own. If your own world view and view of yourself was accurate and perfectly logical you wouldn't need a therapist.

Its perfectly natural to get frustrated with a therapist or even feel like you're not making progress as fast as you would life. If you absolutely feel like you can't rectify your relationship with this therapist, find another one. Thats all.
>>
>>17448590
Mental, I have a form of Autism. It isn't very serious. When I'm in high anxiety I just black out. Like my body shuts down or falls asleep. I can't control it really.

>>17448591
Yup in college. I kind of agree... I just feel upset. She always goes back to her kids/family for examples on how to deal with problems. I'm glad she wants to HE(my money)LP me. But when you say things like "People will think you're a stinker if you say depressing stuff" I can't take you seriously as a therapist.
>>
>>17448583
I know how you feel. I feel the same.
I've been depressed for a while and only recently reached out for help. During my first therapist visit I tell her the same shit you did. That I felt hollow and can't feel anything, that my mind is full of static, that I'm stagnant and the world is shifting around me, etc. She asked if I had suicidal thoughts and I told her I had thoughts of dying but not suicide. She also gave me an "oh dear..." look and said I was one step away from being hospitalized right there.
>>
>>17449135
Ha funny right? I feel like I mean well and I have an ENFJ personality type. I just wake up some days and wonder "if I died today, what would my life be worth?" I don't want to commit suicide that seems rather selfish. If I was to go I want to at least do one last great thing for someone.
>>
>>17448583
Sounds like you made one of the classic blunders, seeing a female therapist. Find a male one.
>>
>>17448608
Oh lord you're like one of those adorable fainting goats!
>>
>>17448583
telling someone you feel dull doesnt really help unless theyve been through the same feeling. youre the useless one here.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.