[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a guy that had long hair since i was 14 years old. Almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm a guy that had long hair since i was 14 years old. Almost every day i get questions and critics about my hair that hits the half of my back, telling me that i should cut it, talking about me in the school halls sometimes while i'm not there etc.

Girls that i'm really close with have complimented my hair on the other side, telling me it's nice and that i shouldn't cut it.

I don't know what to do. I've had it for a long time, but i feel that a part of my identity shall go away after i cut it, or that i shall regret this decision months after i do it. My looks don't change throughout the years and i think that can be depressing.

>inb4 beta faggot, metalhead and other things
>>
File: fag2.jpg (82KB, 362x263px)
fag2.jpg
82KB, 362x263px
I had long hair from age 15 to 25. I could tuck it under my belt at the end. It was healthy enough that it looked good, and I got shit for it, of course.

In the end, your hair shouldn't be part of your identity. Your identity should be based on internal issues- things that people discover as they get to know you. While I completely understand that it's nice to have an obvious thing to differentiate you from everyone around you, in the end it's just window-dressing, and as you mature and age, you'll see that it becomes a distraction- if you need or want to influence or get to know someone, or become known to them, having long hair is a pretty damn superficial criterion to be first on anyone's list as to their impression of you as a human being. Might as well be a dick tattooed on your forehead for all it that it will be a hindrance more than an asset towards your interactions with other people.

Ultimately, it's up to you. It can mean nothing or something, and, my own opinion here, having long hair should be a vanity issue for you, little more. That's what it's best for, anyhow. Just being how you prefer to wear your hair, nothing else. Where it becomes an important part of how you present yourself and define yourself, it becomes a net negative.
I cut my hair because I got a prestigious job, and wanted to present myself based on what I could do, not how I looked. My hair became more unimportant. A nice traditional cut was much better suited to the man I was becoming.
>>
Do YOU like having long hair? This is the only question that matters. Any hairstyle/look will have its fans and critics, so fuck 'em
>>
>>17448477
OP here.
Thanks for the reply. It means to me.
I actually don't like the fact that my hair is my main asset and the numero uno people notice in an instant when they see me. It's just like they never saw a man that actually doesn't have hair that is shorter than an inch, which one of my stupid classmates told me once.

I feel like cutting it shall be a victory for people that i don't really like and a regret for me, and only the first thing of these two is absolute. I, sometimes, think of it as a passageway to a life that is less stagnant, but i'm not so sure about that.

Sorry, i am desperately trying not to sound like an emo.
>>
Longhairfag here. If you cut your hair you'll lose your strength. Stay strong, friend, and always be true to yourself.
>>
>>17448523
> they never saw a man that actually doesn't have hair that is shorter than an inch
the fuck do you live?

That being said.
>caring about what other people think about you
Are these people, like, REALLY close friends of yours? Then, and only then, you might consider listening to their opinion, considering it, and then agreeing or rejecting it. If they're not, their opinion on your look should not matter by default. Do what YOU like.

The only exception being that your job requires you to sell yourself more than your product (consultant, HR, etc), in that case you might want to try to convey a certain "look", including hairstyle.

>be me
>17ish
>shoulder length hair
>move towns
>new highschool
>cut hair to like half an inch
>meet new people make new friends etc
>move towns again about a year later
>eh didnt make a difference
>haven't cut my hair since
>26 now
>>
Only cut it if you want to. Maybe start by cutting only a few inches off. I used to have hair down to my nipples and one day I went home and decided to cut it off (and almost cried after cutting it off but got used to it in about a week). I kept my hair relatively short for the next ten years and recently I've decided to keep my hair shoulder length. Like you, people would give me shit for having long hair and women were constantly stopping me while walking down the street or when I was out and about to tell me how beautiful my hair is, but I ultimately did what I wanted. I will say that after cutting my long hair off, it felt really nice to actually feel the wind blowing but it was also very cold in the winter.
>>
>>17448446
don't do it you will regret.
>>
>>17448446
I used to have hair about that long. I ended up shaving it all off because it was a bitch to make sure it looked nice. And if you care about being a metalhead, bald can be pretty metal. Just look at Rob Halford or Kerry King.
>>
Just cut it. If you regret it, it'll just grow back. Yippee.
>>
>>17448446
Used to have long hair myself as a teen. I loved it and it became like another limb. I felt very comfy. But now that I had it back to normal, while I look back at it and find it funny I do know it was a pretty silly phase.

I look better now and more fitting just because my hair is short. Also it made me genuinely more comfortable than just "wow my hair is great and I feel great". I wish I had not grown my hair in hindisght. It was good hair but I looked odd to say the least.

Its best to conform OP. Its a lot more natural and comfy. Also helps with job interviews.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.